Nikon Z RAW video firmware is finally arriving?

salim

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
3 hours ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

I really hope they add internal RAW.

I hope so, but doubt it very much. Prores RAW would be already pretty sweet. But Resolve does not even support it at this point. So shoutout to BM, please make this happen. As your competition is ahead of you on that part. (scratch, baselight, Edius, premiere) I get that they dont want to do it, as they want to push BRAW, but as an editors standpoint I do not choose the codecs or camera's my clients work with and Im forced to use something else then resolve for editing. 

22 minutes ago, zerocool22 said:

I hope so, but doubt it very much. Prores RAW would be already pretty sweet. But Resolve does not even support it at this point. So shoutout to BM, please make this happen. As your competition is ahead of you on that part. (scratch, baselight, Edius, premiere) I get that they dont want to do it, as they want to push BRAW, but as an editors standpoint I do not choose the codecs or camera's my clients work with and Im forced to use something else then resolve for editing. 

Seems like it would be so easy to add internal RAW. Nikon seems really dumb to me at this point. They have no cinema line to protect, why is their full frame offering not at least as good as the Pana S1 in terms of video features?

28 minutes ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

Seems like it would be so easy to add internal RAW. Nikon seems really dumb to me at this point. They have no cinema line to protect, why is their full frame offering not at least as good as the Pana S1 in terms of video features?

I am thinking the same thing. They could have destroyed canon, nikon and panasonic years ago, but for some reason they did not bother. Maybe they underestimated the demand for video on dslr and mirrorless.

1 hour ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

It was their first foray into mirrorless, I'd cut them some slack. They did quite a bit right out the gate, more than I expected. They also probably don't want to introduce internal RAW in their entry level full frame mirrorless camera.