G6 sharpness and body size, but live video out?

ZEBRAWORKZ

Hi Guys,

i love the g6 videoquality, specialy for aerial filming would this be a perfect solution (light and small but sharp picture). But with no live video output it is useless for me. Anyone know a camera with almost the same picturequality but not bigger then the g6 and a live videooutput. it doesn't matter if analog or hdmi. but it needs to be working even when i hit the record button.

maybe someone has an idea. i'm using the nex5 right now. gh3 is also nice, but a bit to big. maybe a bmpcc, but i would like to have the 50p, because i'm doing a lot of sport and car stuff.

thanks

Marcus

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

we need videooutput. Because we have to see what it captures in air. we are gonna use it for aerial filming.

I ordered the GX7 now. they say it has live hdmi out and videoquality should be similar to the gh3. but no higher bitrates. but i can live with it if the quality is like the g6. I will tell you when i did the first test, hopefully tomorrow.

I ordered the GX7 now. they say it has live hdmi out and videoquality should be similar to the gh3. but no higher bitrates. but i can live with it if the quality is like the g6. I will tell you when i did the first test, hopefully tomorrow.

I am also interested in hearing your take on it. 

It seems like Panasonic is trading off features, though- this body has HDMI out, but it lacks a mic jack! No audio except for the built-in mic!

This has all got me thinking... Remember before the GH3 was released, part of the spec sheet included focus peaking built in? But then it never materialized, the camera was released without it- only to come back and actually get released on the G6. But then crippling the HDMI. This GX7 has HDMI and focus peaking, but no audio at all. 

Wow. Panasonic is clearly trying to make sure not any single camera body has ALL the features of a pro-level camera!

That being said, the GX7 has a really cool EVF that tilts up! That looks really useful! But at the cost of an articulated larger screen. Ugh. Can't have it all, I suppose. Report back on video quality when you get it!

Also, another thing I just noticed in a review of the GX7- the reviewer has the mobile app connected to the device during a video clip recording session and is able to focus pull using the touch screen of his Samsung device instead of the screen of the camera (to avoid unnecessary movement to the camera). That's got me thinking- do these support live feed over the mobile app during recording? Because that might be 100% more useful than just your average HDMI out. 

If the G6 did that too, it would be amazing! But I'm under the impression that the G6 works like the GH3- the app works great in stills mode, but hit record and the feed blacks out. Would love to hear from someone who owns one and has tried it though!

oh man just saw your post zebraworkz, wish i could've responded earlier

no problem. amazon is very good in taking stuff back :)

the lcd is great for filming, but when you want to have a live picture while your gx7 is up in the air on your multikopter you want to see what you are filming. and that's only possible with a video output. on this we connect a vieo transmitter to send the videosignal down to our external monitor. i could use a small fpv cam and put it beside the gx7 but when changing the focal lenght you don't have the same framing. last possiblity is to point the small fpc cam on the gx7s lcd display. but this will make things bulkier.

Marcus

no problem. amazon is very good in taking stuff back :)

the lcd is great for filming, but when you want to have a live picture while your gx7 is up in the air on your multikopter you want to see what you are filming. and that's only possible with a video output. on this we connect a vieo transmitter to send the videosignal down to our external monitor. i could use a small fpv cam and put it beside the gx7 but when changing the focal lenght you don't have the same framing. last possiblity is to point the small fpc cam on the gx7s lcd display. but this will make things bulkier.

Marcus

What about using the remote viewing feature with a mobile app? In one of the video demonstrations, it looks like the guy was able to control the focus with his Samsung android device, using clicks on the screen to pull focus. Perhaps this one can do live streaming during recording unlike the GH3?

What about using the remote viewing feature with a mobile app? In one of the video demonstrations, it looks like the guy was able to control the focus with his Samsung android device, using clicks on the screen to pull focus. Perhaps this one can do live streaming during recording unlike the GH3?

this would work a the beginning, but i'm flying in ranges up to 500meters away. the wifi didn't handle that. also i could make inteferences with my rc remote because it's also using 2,4ghz.

Well, that might be a problem unless you can figure out a way to repeat the Wifi signal or intercept the NFC one if you are concerned about 2.4Ghz. That's a lot of distance. 

But for everyone else- holy cow, this is a glimmer of light at the end of a tunnel! IT DOES continue streaming while recording!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3a1_vszeAU[/media]