More Canon 5d iii Footage

FilmMan

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
This doesn't make me confident in the 5dmkIII.  Sure there could be focus errors as listed in the comments.  However the footage sure looks like severe noise reduction and softness in the image. 5dmkII looks sharper with more noise.  I sure hope the final version doesn't have these issues.  Of course I'll get a 5DmkIII for the better stills improvements (I shoot a lot still photography) but the video side has only slight improvements so far.  I hope I am wrong but I guess we'll find out soon enough.

[quote author=nahua link=topic=416.msg2638#msg2638 date=1332067043]
This doesn't make me confident in the 5dmkIII.  Sure there could be focus errors as listed in the comments.  However the footage sure looks like severe noise reduction and softness in the image. 5dmkII looks sharper with more noise.  I sure hope the final version doesn't have these issues.  Of course I'll get a 5DmkIII for the better stills improvements (I shoot a lot still photography) but the video side has only slight improvements so far.  I hope I am wrong but I guess we'll find out soon enough.
[/quote]

The presume softness you are witnessing is most likely the absent of noise artifact dancing about which gives the impression of sharpness.

[quote author=Simco123 link=topic=416.msg2641#msg2641 date=1332071249]
[quote author=nahua link=topic=416.msg2638#msg2638 date=1332067043]
[/quote]

The presume softness you are witnessing is most likely the absent of noise artifact dancing about which gives the impression of sharpness.
[/quote]

I hope you are right.  Either way I'm eagerly awaiting my 5dmkIII.  I see many people are starting to get theirs already. 

Has any spotted any more Mark III footage? Still waiting for the stuff that jumps out at me as the next generation better. 

Trading off artifacts for sharpness is a mixed bag.  I was out doing a few tests with a Mark II today and was reminded just how stunning of a camera it is when the depth of field is in play ie for interviews, etc, and how low resolution and for my work unsatisfactory the wide shots are. 

After looking at this again on a large HDTV I take back what I said.  5dmkIII looks like it has more dynamic range, and especially the low light ISO 6400 shots look much better.  Again, it is a trade off between all the artifacts and a more aggressive noise reduction.  But the 5dmkIII does look much better.  I hope better tests are done as the focus work was bad in this video.  Still, if all things go well I should be getting my pre-order soon!  Crossing my fingers!!