Latest music video: Anamorphic zombies on hacked 50d

OzNimbus

Shot this in 3:2 on the 50d running magic lantern raw with the Bolex anamorphic lens.   The 50d was a real pain to work with, the firmware is still fairly unstable & would usually take several tries on each shot to get the camera recording "continuous."   There have been a few firmware updates since this was shot & that seems to have stabilized things a bit, but it's not rock-solid reliable yet, IMO.

Anyway, the raw video was nice to work with in post:   Tons of latitude & just plain good looking.   The 3:2 aspect worked perfect with the Bolex as it's a 1.5X squeeze.

Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/cCERCFJBKCE

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I just shot with a LOMO Foton A last weekend, also raw, and also 50D, and had A LOT of trouble as well. Just a few times I had problems with continuous, but the camera crashed every now and then, and took a little while to get it running again. I was using a build from mid September

Even with all the problems, I didn't get any pink or corrupted frames.

As soon as the short is ready, I'll post it here too. :)

So I grabbed a pocket cam... my next music video will most definitely be shot on it.   It's rock-solid stable & blows the 50d out of the water in terms of low light performance..... and it'll to a full 1080 resolution as well.   I'll get to shooting some anamorphic stuff on it soon, I'm still learning the damn thing :)