My new pocket anamorphic set

Sebastien Farges

Hello everybody, here is my new anamorphic set ! :)

baby Berthiot Hypergonar anamorphic 1.75X lens

Qioptiq Linos MeVis-C 35mm f1.6 C-mount lens

I've order a special machined step up flat ring, then unscrew from the C-mount lens the ring that maintains the glass, then replace by the flat ring. I've screwed the original Berthiot small clamp, then screw and aligned the anamorphic. 

This combination of these two lenses seem to be very promising. Sharpness and no vignetting :)

Here is the set and two pictures taken with it on my OMD (video is coming soon). Thanks for your attention.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/43243778@N04/sets/72157636631334626/

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Hi guys,

I just bought this & want your opinions as I saw it at last moment & thought it was a bargain:

http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=281186283881

Seb, what do you think?

Hope I didn't do any mistake & bought any bull**it...

Thanks in advance,

Yiannis.

I had it for a while, it's quite good, but under my baby hypergonar. Anyway I'm sure you will do nice things with it.

I did a movie between your lens and the baby Hypergonar :

https://vimeo.com/41352674

Merci Seb ! Ta fille est toujours la classe !

Et parce-que mon français sont encore trop mauvais (je déménagè récemment en France, à Aix-en-Pce),

I will continue in english :) ... 

Your baby hypergonar looks 2 times better than the Isco!...

I will really appreciate if you can give me a couple of advices on it, as I'm new to this world.

Thanks!

By the way, I love your jobs & I follow you everywhere!

• 2 months later...

Hi Sebastien and congratz for the short clip shot with omd m5 and your nice anamorphic combo. I also have an omd m5 and i am looking forward to make myself a combo like yours. I am comming from a country with no anamorphic lens on market and my only chance is to try and find a good oportunity on the ebay market. I am also veru new to this king of lenses and i am not sure what to look for.

Would you be nice and tell me some tips for that, please?

First of all, how much is the budget for a combo like this and how do i start with?

there is any other place, except ebay, where i can find this combo?

Thank you very much for your answer and a happy new year for everyone on the forum.

P.S. and please excuse my english, i am still learning.

cheers.

Hi Sebastien and congratz for the short clip shot with omd m5 and your nice anamorphic combo. I also have an omd m5 and i am looking forward to make myself a combo like yours. I am comming from a country with no anamorphic lens on market and my only chance is to try and find a good oportunity on the ebay market. I am also veru new to this king of lenses and i am not sure what to look for.

Would you be nice and tell me some tips for that, please?

First of all, how much is the budget for a combo like this and how do i start with?

there is any other place, except ebay, where i can find this combo?

Thank you very much for your answer and a happy new year for everyone on the forum.

P.S. and please excuse my english, i am still learning.

cheers.

Hi there and happy new year :)

It's hard to find this combo at descent price... There is maybe one/two baby Hypergonar a month on Ebay but prices increase... I had third babies in my life, from 40€ to 150€, which two on Ebay and one in a shop. For the Qioptiq, best chance to have it is to buy one new (around 1000$)... I had mine for 150€ on Ebay...

I know it's hard to find these kind of things, I'm doing researches for years ! But someday it will arrive ! 

thank you so much for your answer. I will read more about anamorphic stuff and i am glad that i found this forum. I will also keep an eye open on ebay for this baby hypergonar, you never know. Maybe i can start with it and use it with my actual lenses, don't know if it is posible. Till then i took a video just to play with my omd and to understand the focus system and best camera settings *i use the art3 filter because i saw this setting on your clip), please take a look, any advice is a gold advice from you:) thanks a lot!

thank you so much for your answer. I will read more about anamorphic stuff and i am glad that i found this forum. I will also keep an eye open on ebay for this baby hypergonar, you never know. Maybe i can start with it and use it with my actual lenses, don't know if it is posible. Till then i took a video just to play with my omd and to understand the focus system and best camera settings *i use the art3 filter because i saw this setting on your clip), please take a look, any advice is a gold advice from you:) thanks a lot!

Thanks for sharing. I like the high-angle shot, I have to do more in my movies ! :) Apparently you're working in auto mode (aperture or shutter?). Be careful it's noticeable in 0:35 :) 

• 2 weeks later...

So impressed by the quality (and concept) of your pocket system, jumped into anamorphic,I bought few days  ago the Bolex Möller Anamorphot 8/19/1,5 and a  BMPCC friday.  Much much harder than i thought, but after 2 days work have finally made some progress."for what its worth" a frame  from black magic pocket cinema  camera  with, Bolex Möller Anamorphot 8/19/1,5 on a konica 50mm processed , razzed  up,  through photoshop.

im very happy with the possibilities.

although gonna be difficult to make  this  system  hand  held, 

ordered other lenses for testing also letus for 5D MRK3 ML arrived  today

merci MR farges

s

P.s j e  decouvrir  "the look", grace a  ton video,  cest  arrive    mon nouveau  obsession, .  

post-33946-0-67745300-1390242274_thumb.j