IPP2 like conversion for BMD Pocket 4K and 6K

deezid

Made to eliminate gamut clipping issues in the first place, but also eliminates the brown cast of BMD Film V4 for the BMPCC 4K and 6K (soon), provides a nicer roll-off for skin, red lights, tungsten, blue lights etc, fixes incorrect color and targets IPP2 Soft Rec709 conversion. A BMD FILM V4 to RedWideGamutRGB/RedLog3G10 conversion to work with inside a native IPP2 workflow is included as well.

Pocket 6K version coming soon:

More information:
http://55media.net/55m-p4k-color/

Luana.gif

Gael.gif

Nala.gif

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 hour ago, DanielVranic said:

I do the CST in Resolve of Linear-LogC and that has given me the best highlight roll-off ever. Not a single LUT i have tried has gotten close.

Well, I can debunk that claim.
The Lut does a bit more than just a simple Color Space Transform to ARRI Log C to Rec709 ;)
Also color is way more accurate with it.

BRAW Linear Gamma -> ARRI LOG C (CST) -> ARRI Rec709 (LUT)
1_16_1_16.3.thumb.jpg.cfb71e4867ebfcbfa83070d621fa1ffb.jpg

BRAW Linear Gamma -> ARRI LOG C (CST) Sat Mapping -> ARRI Rec709 (LUT)1_16_1_16.7.thumb.jpg.6a2b6d8c99a880f0c83fb344e7c7df02.jpg

BRAW BMD FILM V4 -> 55M Advanced Lut1_16_1_16.2.thumb.jpg.9761d830e3b86494e3108381d63e49c7.jpg

Just now, The ghost of squig said:

Strike that, reverse it.

The 55M Advanced Lut looks spot on.

Are you using an IR filter in daylight?

I actually do. Even in tungsten.
Most of these samples shown are without an IR cut filter though, so I made the Lut with some IR filtration in post - but without making dark skin gray or even green like others. ;)

19 hours ago, deezid said:

Well, I can debunk that claim.
The Lut does a bit more than just a simple Color Space Transform to ARRI Log C to Rec709 ;)
Also color is way more accurate with it.

BRAW Linear Gamma -> ARRI LOG C (CST) -> ARRI Rec709 (LUT)
1_16_1_16.3.thumb.jpg.cfb71e4867ebfcbfa83070d621fa1ffb.jpg

BRAW Linear Gamma -> ARRI LOG C (CST) Sat Mapping -> ARRI Rec709 (LUT)1_16_1_16.7.thumb.jpg.6a2b6d8c99a880f0c83fb344e7c7df02.jpg

BRAW BMD FILM V4 -> 55M Advanced Lut1_16_1_16.2.thumb.jpg.9761d830e3b86494e3108381d63e49c7.jpg

Did you decode as Linear first? I find this benefits all camera and technical LUT's, so maybe send me 1-2 second raw file lets put it to the test. Can't debunk based on no evidence :)

26 minutes ago, deezid said:

So you went down with Saturation Max to a low level. Looks horrible honestly.

The light on the right is a really colorful red not dull pink and the one on the right is bright orange/yellow.

Hey man, no need to be rude about it. Nothing that can not be adjusted in a secondary, or even left if it serves the look.

Either way, your LUT appears good. I will pick up when it is available.