Jinni Tech claims RED Compressed RAW patent filing is invalid

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

let's stick to facts, not going after this random dude, whoever he is.

Also weird about "All or Nothing" doc that Jim Jannard allegedly knew about Lance Armstrong's doping.  Haven't watched it all, but man, someone needs to do a film on Jim Jannard.  Wow.  After hearing about Jeffrey Epstein's billionare friends as well, I just have to wonder:  are a lot of billionares like this?

From the doc: from person giving testimony on a phone call:  "I told Jim that I can't lie.  And he said, well there's ways around it."

11 minutes ago, Waynes said:

Mate, he may not be some random dude, that's the point.  He could be somebody less random pretending to be somebody else while he seeds comment.  I get suspicious when I see absolutely new people turn up on issues and do this.

Haha! Your content here is kind of limited too!

There is no point in witch hunting, the point is to create better people and better arguments, not attacking weak links.

I have no legal knowledge whatsoever and the whole thing is out of my league but clearly the next era of video productions will be a lot different after all these are said and done.

And the freedom of speech is undisputed.

53 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

JIM JAMMARD was very upset being bullied this way by the mighty Andrew Reid. It caused him enormous emotional distress. Redpress literally caused the billionaire in Orange Country MENTAL ANGUISH.

A billionaire suffers mental anguish because a blogger didn't have nice things to say about his product or company?

Said billionaire sues Reid and gives him 48 hours to sign or proceed with being sued in a court thousands of miles away?

I wish you had better availability to a lawyer back then.

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, Ed_David said:

News story up on Nofilmschool . https://nofilmschool.com/apple-goes-war-red

Classic lazy NFS cut-and-paste journalism.

Are they even on our side? I doubt it.

"JinniTech even used cleverly disguised facts to make it look like a RED camera would take any third party MiniMag. But in reality, that isn't true"

I guess no!

(That's factually wrong by my understand anyway. Jinnimags work for a start. The Micron SSD and standard pass through adapter are third party and generic)

"RED Fire Chief Jarred Land"

Fire Chief LOL.

"...defended the use said components, admitting some parts weren't made in the USA, as advertised."

"MADE IN USA" means what it says.

What NFS doesn't mention is it's firmly against the FTC rules and the law, what RED have done there by my understanding and quite a few other people's.

And I have not seen a proper rebuttal from Mr Fire Chief to put out this fire yet either.

"But then ended up lowering the price of their MiniMags as a result."

Nothing but an admission of guilt in my view.

In the end, Jinni Tech has been bravely fighting fire with fire and the Fire Authorities have been unable to put it out, because facts matter and so does consumer law.

Yes we live in an age of toxic masculinity and billionaires able to twist the truth to get what they want, dragging society with them back into the middle ages...

But they should remember we also live in the era of these two heroes as well...

MET-GALA-1964192.jpg

22 minutes ago, BTM_Pix said:

Maybe I should fight fire with fire and start a libel case against somebody who claims I am breaking a professional agreement with a camera company?

See how he likes that?

9 minutes ago, Waynes said:

Mate, he may not be some random dude, that's the point.  He could be somebody less random pretending to be somebody else while he seeds comment.  I get suspicious when I see absolutely new people turn up on issues and do this.

He's probably some random dude. And if not, then who cares? The patents and lawsuits won't be decided by a majority vote on reduser. As Ed says, let's stick with facts.

• Super Members
4 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

Maybe I should fight fire with fire and start a libel case against somebody who claims I am breaking a professional agreement with a camera company?

See how he likes that?

Tell him you are suing RED for stealing the rights to your name by simply removing the 'i' from it and the subsequent distress this has caused you being associated with them.

11 minutes ago, Kisaha said:

Haha! Your content here is kind of limited too!

There is no point in witch hunting, the point is to create better people and better arguments, not attacking weak links.

I have no legal knowledge whatsoever and the whole thing is out of my league but clearly the next era of video productions will be a lot different after all these are said and done.

And the freedom of speech is undisputed.

Ha, ha.  I've been around for a long time.  And weak arguments, you just made one.  For all we know, the guy could be somebody with vested interests trying to pain a  picture to support his cause.  So much for free speech, if it's jumped on here?

• Administrators

Did the i go messing during a cut and paste from a sunglasses lawsuit?

I should be editing my $200 challenge entry but I'm off to read the Apple patent documents in full over a cup of tea and a stick of RAW celery. This is entertaining.

It will be interesting to see where this goes. One of the patent holders being cited as prior art now works for Apple.

Im really wondering if this has something to do with the new Mac Pros acceleration chips and ProRes RAW. If RED decided they were going to try and block it with their patent. They did the same with Atomos and they aren’t selling cameras...just recoding devices.

Hence the foul cries of overly broad patent and this patent examination request by Apple.

• Super Members
27 minutes ago, Ed_David said:

Also weird about "All or Nothing" doc that Jim Jannard allegedly knew about Lance Armstrong's doping. 

Its featured in Sunday Times journalist David Walsh's book "From Lance To Landis" amongst his other works.

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=zJ9IOdnm5mQC&pg=PA267&lpg=PA267&dq="david+walsh"+"jim+jannard"&source=bl&ots=qPQCUFfqGo&sig=ACfU3U2qn6lur2Z6PSXzqbQ6Zs6gzrDBZw&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjJrrn3yYfkAhXE0qQKHXx6Bg0Q6AEwDnoECAkQAQ#v=onepage&q="david walsh" "jim jannard"&f=false

Walsh ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Walsh_(journalist)) and his ex-professional cyclist colleague Paul Kimmage (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Kimmage) pursued Armstrong and were pilloried and ostracised for it.

Armstrong successfully sued The Sunday Times for libel in connection with the pieces to expose him at the time, something which they then attempted to recoup those losses on when he eventually admitted to doping almost a decade later.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2013/jan/22/uk-libel-laws-sunday-times-lance-armstrong

To date, I'm not aware of any action brought against Walsh or his publishers by Oakley or Jim Jannard for the allegations made about them in any of his publications.

19 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

Did the i go messing during a cut and paste from a sunglasses lawsuit?

Maybe they meant to sue the EO SHED company instead for making this red shed.

paint-outdoor-building2.jpg.ec45776e745b1f3a2822fc29237f5c4d.jpg

45 minutes ago, Waynes said:

Ha, ha.  I've been around for a long time.  And weak arguments, you just made one.  For all we know, the guy could be somebody with vested interests trying to pain a  picture to support his cause.  So much for free speech, if it's jumped on here?

That was my point. Anyone can find a weak link and "attack" it. We are better than this. The guy is judged by what he is saying, an aggressive violent comment, not who he is and what his purposes are. Obviously he is spreading hate and negative feelings!

• Super Members
1 hour ago, Ed_David said:

From the doc: from person giving testimony on a phone call:  "I told Jim that I can't lie.  And he said, well there's ways around it."

Her name is Stephanie Mcilvain and both she and her husband Patrick worked for Oakley at the time, she as a client liaison to Armstrong and he as VP of global sports marketing.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Video Hummus said:

It will be interesting to see where this goes. One of the patent holders being cited as prior art now works for Apple.

Interesting stuff. Which patent holder is that? I don't think I'm yet on that page in the petition, reading very slowly as I am from my patented EO shed surrounded by lovely RAW vegetables.

21 hours ago, Ed_David said:

Claus Mølgaard, Vice President of Research and Development - Phase One now at Apple.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/molgaardclaus/

?

@Andrew Reid It was posted by Ed_David already. It listed in the documents as well.

Also this: https://patents.justia.com/inventor/claus-m-lgaard

He seems to specialize in digital image processing, basically.