Red Komodo 6K RF mount

wolf33d

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
7 hours ago, Mattias Burling said:

Thats exactly what I said, very lame troll attempt from you..

And you still don't read posts. Not mine nor your own. I just told you that you don't need to put in the flame baits and yet you try again.
Its starting to become rather sad.

You mean when I answer your question about why Sony and Canon donor have RAW on their lower priced cameras because of RED. You must not understand or acknowledge that RAW was unlocked on Canon DSLR's with Magic Lantern CODE.  

You get owned and showed you didn't do your homework and that you bought into RedCode's hype and marketing.

Did you read the link I sent you?   

I read and answered every bit of your comments.

Do you actually understand how RED has controlled RAW output from Sony and Canon and others?

1 hour ago, Kisaha said:

Add an Osmo and an iPhone there, and even @webrunner5 will be back for good!

I would pay for a such a showdown with that Skip guy!

No you guys and gals ran off @webrunner for good.  You won't break me the same way.

You smart-ass people need to educate yourself.  The ones who have been nice and civil that comment wasn't for you. 

https://www.rtings.com/tv/tests/motion/stutter

Stutter of TVs

Stutter on TVs influences how smooth motion appears on the screen. It is generally most visible in slow panning shots with low frame rate content such as movies and causes a regular pattern of jerkiness. This is different to judder, which is an irregular pattern of jerkiness caused by inconsistent frame cadence. For watching movies or even field sports, it is important to get a TV with low stutter.

5 hours ago, Mattias Burling said:

Sad but probably true :)

BTW, I had to update the Plugin to get the Raven sample to work but after that it worked perfectly and the Raw settings are available.
(That Raven has some serious DR, too bad about the price. The Scarlet is definitely more within my comfort zone.)

REDScreen.thumb.jpeg.f41de1cf6fd41761b5e6eafd87f70147.jpeg

Yeah, I’m surprised the rope, on the far left corner, has any detail considering the amount of sky in the shot.

Is the plugin part of the inspector, or do you drop and drag it onto the clip?

4 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

Hey, I can do you an A/B with an EPIC and a Pocket4K if you like and we can have a massive row about silkyshuddercodeshuttermojo ?

Hahaha! Yes, please do! I know Red is public enemy number one around here but as a cinema camera, I suspect the Epic will have way better silkyshuddercodeshuttermojo than the P4K. It will be interesting to see a fair comparison from someone other than a YouTube influencer. 

• Super Members
28 minutes ago, mercer said:

Hahaha! Yes, please do! I know Red is public enemy number one around here but as a cinema camera, I suspect the Epic will have way better silkyshuddercodeshuttermojo than the P4K. It will be interesting to see a fair comparison from someone other than a YouTube influencer. 

I'll sort it out over the weekend once I've calibrated my unicorn to vibe ratio measurement kit.

21 minutes ago, Mattias Burling said:

It's in the inspector under clip information. But keep it to yourself. @Skip77 will attack you if you find it useful.

Thanks, I guess I better get that plugin before Red forbids FCPX users to access it.

Dont worry, I already went a round with that guy and I really don’t have the time, or inclination, to debate basic camera operations and the history of 24p in cinema with someone who will cherry pick one word in a sentence to try and prove his argument.

28 minutes ago, BTM_Pix said:

I'll sort it out over the weekend once I've calibrated my unicorn to vibe ratio measurement kit.

Thanks, but don’t go too crazy, I base a lot of my opinions on mojo.

Btw, I recently used the Samyang 50mm 1.4 on a shoot and I think I may have a hard time parting with that lens. Lol. 

1 hour ago, mercer said:

Thanks, I guess I better get that plugin before Red forbids FCPX users to access it.

Dont worry, I already went a round with that guy and I really don’t have the time, or inclination, to debate basic camera operations and the history of 24p in cinema with someone who will cherry pick one word in a sentence to try and prove his argument.

Thanks, but don’t go too crazy, I base a lot of my opinions on mojo.

Btw, I recently used the Samyang 50mm 1.4 on a shoot and I think I may have a hard time parting with that lens. Lol. 

It's not cherry picking. It's actually trying to stop false information about 24fps having a built in stutter.  It's not my fault you ride the fence on every comment you make.  You even say that when you post.  You play for people to like you instead of having an opinion. You act like this is high school and you want to be part of the click.

Sorry but the word videoish that @Mattias Burling threw out pissed me off because he did it as an asshat and did nothing to back it up.  

So please be on your way and keep my name out of your post.  

1 hour ago, Mattias Burling said:

It's in the inspector under clip information. But keep it to yourself. @Skip77 will attack you if you find it useful.

Again you bring nothing to defend yourself. Why?

You're not up to date on RED and clearly you are the one that doesn't read or comprehend people's post.   That's why people have to explain everything to you over and over again.  

Do you need anymore help understanding FCPX?

30 minutes ago, Skip77 said:

It's not my fault you ride the fence on every comment you make.  You even say that when you post.  You play for people to like you instead of having an opinion. You act like this is high school and you want to be part of the click.

Don’t confuse my lack of caring as “riding the fence.”  I come to this site to learn and to discuss filmmaking and filmmaking gear, not to argue with people that are incapable of admitting when they’re wrong.

24fps has a stutter/judder, end of discussion. It is a fact! In all honesty, the word FLICKER, is probably a better choice, but with semantics aside, 24fps is anything but smooth.

https://www.filmindependent.org/blog/hacking-film-24-frames-per-second/

• Super Members

Stutter and judder. Canon and Sony raw works natively in FCPX. The RED plugin doesn't exist. The P6K can only shoot videoish. The P6K can not shoot videoish. He has said so much weird stuff it's impossible to keep track.

Plus he always puts naive flame baits and personal attacks in the posts to try and derail them and shift focus when he knows he is wrong. Classic troll behavior or that of a juvenile. 

1 hour ago, mercer said:

Don’t confuse my lack of caring as “riding the fence.”  I come to this site to learn and to discuss filmmaking and filmmaking gear, not to argue with people that are incapable of admitting when they’re wrong.

24fps has a stutter/judder, end of discussion. It is a fact! In all honesty, the word FLICKER, is probably a better choice, but with semantics aside, 24fps is anything but smooth.

https://www.filmindependent.org/blog/hacking-film-24-frames-per-second/

24fps is motion picture cinematic's choice forever.  The argument that 24fps has a built in stutter is ridiculous.  If 24fps had a built in stutter it would be unwatchable. 

24fps has a stutter that happens but it' not built in.  The GH5 has a massive stutter glitch that happens if you move left or right for 3 seconds.  That's the GH5's fault. This has all been discussed in the other thread started by that smart guy that was kicked out of the EOS. 

Stutter and judder. Canon and Sony raw works natively in FCPX. The RED plugin doesn't exist. The P6K can only shoot videoish. The P6K can not shoot videoish. He has said so much weird stuff it's impossible to keep track.

Plus he always puts naive flame baits and personal attacks in the posts to try and derail them and shift focus when he knows he is wrong. Classic troll behavior or that of a juvenile. 

Canon DLSR cameras have been able to shoot RAW for 10 years.  

And RedCode is a marketing gimmick. 

Everyone else is smart enough to see you are wrong.

2 hours ago, KnightsFan said:

People who says 24fps has no stutter should be condemned to a life of playing first person shooters at 24 fps.

Did you see that stutter at 2:27 second mark.  Man his mouth and face just juddered like crazy. 

• Super Members

Ok then, let's ask them.

Hey everyone, Skipp here says that all of you believe that Sony and Canon shoots Raw that is natively supported in FCPX.

In other words, you can drag n drop ML Raw files from a 5D or raw footage from a Sony straight from the card in camera onto a FCPX timeline and access the raw settings tab, just like with RedCode.

Personally I know for a fact it's 100% bullshit. But I'm curious about his comment about you all.

If anyone reading actually does believe that, let us know.

5 minutes ago, Mattias Burling said:

Ok then, let's ask them.

Hey everyone, Skipp here says that all of you believe that Sony and Canon shoots Raw that is natively supported in FCPX.

In other words, you can drag n drop ML Raw files from a 5D or raw footage from a Sony straight from the card in camera onto a FCPX timeline and access the raw settings tab, just like with RedCode.

Personally I know for a fact it's 100% bullshit. But I'm curious about his comment about you all.

I do not believe that is true, otherwise I would be taking my MLV files directly into FCPX.

However, I think Skip might believe that all Raw is the same, which we know it is not, just like he is confused with the stutter, judder, flicker 24fps debate.

So, in short, I don’t think Skip is having the same conversations we are having and rather than acknowledging that, he is doubling down and grasping onto single words in sentences to save face.

In other news, how did the Redcode files from the Raven get along with your computer?

26 minutes ago, Mattias Burling said:

Quite well. Pretty smooth and after the background render it was as smooth as anything really.

Sweet, I’ll see how my MacBook Air handles the files. I’m going to hop on the computer tonight and install the plugin while I still can. Lol. Does Red have a lot of sample clips on their site?

Ok then, let's ask them.

I said Canon DSLR shoots RAW that's unlocked thru Magic Lantern.   You said lower end Canon DSLR cameras don't shoot RAW. 

I never commented on any RAW file to FCPX.  

You might want to focus a little more on your questions.

1 hour ago, mercer said:

I do not believe that is true, otherwise I would be taking my MLV files directly into FCPX.

However, I think Skip might believe that all Raw is the same, which we know it is not, just like he is confused with the stutter, judder, flicker 24fps debate.

So, in short, I don’t think Skip is having the same conversations we are having and rather than acknowledging that, he is doubling down and grasping onto single words in sentences to save face.

In other news, how did the Redcode files from the Raven get along with your computer?

I never commented if ML RAW worked inside FCPX.   Not sure were he got that question from. 

I have said all along RED is keeping the Canon and Sony's of the world from bringing RAW to the lower end cameras.  Matty has said it's not RED's fault except that RedCode is so wonderful that that's why RED Raw works on FCPX natively. 

RED's kept the other complies from developing their own RAW formats based on RED patients. 

1 hour ago, mercer said:

@mercer you know PP and FCPX have to allow plug ins to work within their software.   This is one thing @webrunner5 was correct about.  You have to pay to play.

He was also right about RED stopping or making it hard for other companies to shoot RAW.