Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K

BTM_Pix

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
19 hours ago, lucabutera said:

Hi everyone, sorry if I intervene to do a little spam but I just wanted to inform those interested, that the second crowdfunding is underway to get the Magic Booster 6K.
Thanks

https://www.produzionidalbasso.com/project/magic-booster-pocket-6k/

No wonder... It seems a cheaper one is on its way: https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/cGAKWGtUxZyXOzAKBmh6fA

• 2 weeks later...
  • Super Members

Is anyone using the Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 XR Di II VC with their Pocket6K ?

The one I've got I've had for years and it works perfectly but I'm having a lot of trouble with it on the Pocket6K in terms of electronic focus control.

If you press the AF button it goes off for a while trying and generally failing to find a lock and after that it won't accept any more commands so you can't change the aperture or do another AF without un-mounting and re-mounting the lens.

The obvious answer is not to use the AF of course but it is prone to doing exactly the same thing with my focus controller, particularly when its being driven backwards.

It would be a pity to put have to put it on the banned list (as its a decent and very affordable stabilised standard zoom for the Pocket6K) but as it stands its going to have to be unless I can get someone to verify their copy.

As I say, I'm pretty certain there is nothing wrong with my particular copy but if there is anyone one here who has the same combo if they could just check theirs then you'd be doing me a big favour.

In a similar vein, if you have the time and could check for this on any other EF lenses you have (just press AF and see if it locks and then survives subsequent aperture changes etc) and have any similar rogue lenses then that would be a great help as well.

Thanks

I liked the shadow details a lot and it has nice dynamic range.  Definitely a fantastic image.

I would like to have seen it after processing with Sage’s Alexa LUT (when available).

So close.  Close enough?

I have a feeling there is slightly more that can be had out of the Pocket 6K sensor.

Hopefully, we shall see its limits in the coming months... 

15 hours ago, heart0less said:

Here is a short spec ad done by Matteo Bertoli using P6K, Leica R lenses and 1/8 Pro Mist. 

And, my god, does this look fabulous! 

Looks pretty good indeed! but I still find their is too much detail/sharpness/resolution in the skin. Well its just a personal opinion and I even see this in hollywood movies, but when I see pores and the actual make up details it takes me out of it. I feel when the image is too clear, I notice these skin flaws, and usually when I watch movies these actors/actresses looked amazing in the past, like something unreachable ,you cannot achieve. And when the image is so clear, they look like Jenny from the block nextdoor, nothing special. And you would think that with all these details, they look more real, and you would feel even more emotion, but for me it is the exact opposite. I care less and less about them, not sure why though as I love underdog stories. 

3 hours ago, zerocool22 said:

Looks pretty good indeed! but I still find their is too much detail/sharpness/resolution in the skin. Well its just a personal opinion and I even see this in hollywood movies, but when I see pores and the actual make up details it takes me out of it. I feel when the image is too clear, I notice these skin flaws, and usually when I watch movies these actors/actresses looked amazing in the past, like something unreachable ,you cannot achieve. And when the image is so clear, they look like Jenny from the block nextdoor, nothing special. And you would think that with all these details, they look more real, and you would feel even more emotion, but for me it is the exact opposite. I care less and less about them, not sure why though as I love underdog stories. 

if your dilemma is detail, sharpness, resolution may i suggest  this perhaps ?

s-l1600.jpg

7 hours ago, zerocool22 said:

I see now why you're not a fan lover of MFT... LOL : ) Not surprised though once you don't care for the glass options available out there for this format ; ) MFT is the underdog format by excellence anyway ; -)

On 12/23/2019 at 11:18 AM, heart0less said:

Here is a short spec ad done by Matteo Bertoli using P6K, Leica R lenses and 1/8 Pro Mist. 

And, my god, does this look fabulous! 

Great looking video.  The P6K is the way to go over the M4/3 P4K. 

On 12/24/2019 at 3:14 AM, zerocool22 said:

Don't look for emotion when that's not what that video is about. You can take mid range detail out when you color grade, you can't add it when it wasn't recorded.

• 2 weeks later...