Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K

BTM_Pix

4 hours ago, gatopardo said:

I was always very curious about this lens that seem extremely versatile! How does it work in term of stabilization and IQ for video?

It is extremely versatile. Used it all the time with the GH5 for various projects and even on main TV networks.

When you can use just one lens this one is the real deal.

Read this:

https://www.lenstip.com/497.11-Lens_review-Olympus_M.Zuiko_ED_12-100_mm_f_4_IS_PRO_Summary.html

Haven't used it with any P4K yet. I hope I will soon.

My EF-S run n gun is the 18-135mm, this Olympus is a lot more versatile, but a lot more expensive also!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
11 hours ago, jonprimo said:

Hey guys I got my bmpcc6k last wk and finally got to take it out this wknd to do some test shots. Here are some screen grabs. I shot in Braw 6k & 2.8k mixing 23.98, 50 and 120 fps. Lens was canon 24-70mm L series. Also I had no ND so I had to stop down a lot and mess with the ISO to expose. 

Hallo, great colors! What lenses did you use?

44 minutes ago, thephoenix said:

6Krectime.jpg

I was doing some research into which media to buy for my BMPCC6K and during the intense spreadsheet action something caught my attention.. How do you record Q0 in 6K at 50fps? According to my calculations in the worst case scenario (so less amount of compression which amounts to roughly 2:1 in Q0) the camera generates data in excess of 800MB/s which is way beyond the capabilities of any of the supported media, am i missing something? (not that I have any intention of recording slowmo in Q0 at 6K anytime soon, it was more of a curiosity really) ?

2 minutes ago, Davide Roveri said:

I was doing some research into which media to buy for my BMPCC6K and during the intense spreadsheet action something caught my attention.. How do you record Q0 in 6K at 50fps? According to my calculations in the worst case scenario (so less amount of compression which amounts to roughly 2:1 in Q0) the camera generates data in excess of 800MB/s which is way beyond the capabilities of any of the supported media, am i missing something? (not that I have any intention of recording slowmo in Q0 at 6K anytime soon, it was more of a curiosity really) ?

watch the video that is up that i posted

10 minutes ago, thephoenix said:

watch the video that is up that i posted

I've seen the video and the high gain situation it's interesting but I'm pretty sure on a static scene it's pretty impossible to have the encoder drop to 2:1 compression. In my tests on static subjects the average datarate i got out of Q0 is never more than 3:1 so around 540Mb/s which is close to the limit of the best CFast cards and SSD but still doable so my question about the lowest compression ratio Q0 is capable of still stands.. Probably the camera will never go lower than that in 50fps otherwise dropped frames are inevitable...

Hmmm...

Andrew Reid‏ @EOSHD 10h10 hours ago

Pocket 6K is complete shit. Unfit for purpose. A show stopping bug on every shoot. Battery would drop dead at 40%. Slow-no recording locks up camera. It’s got more issues than a cracked hooker

13 replies 2 retweets 18 likes

43 minutes ago, RWR said:

Hmmm...

Andrew Reid‏ @EOSHD 10h10 hours ago

Pocket 6K is complete shit. Unfit for purpose. A show stopping bug on every shoot. Battery would drop dead at 40%. Slow-no recording locks up camera. It’s got more issues than a cracked hooker

13 replies 2 retweets 18 likes

lol

32 minutes ago, thephoenix said:

lookslike tilta got their hands on the chinese guys that did it

https://www.newsshooter.com/2019/09/17/tilta-screen-modification-for-the-bmpcc-6k-4k/

Yup, same kit he was selling. Doesn’t void warranty according to tilta and is fully reversible as well. Seems so easy I’m surprised blackmagic didn’t do this for the newer 6k version. Now I just wish there was an elegant battery solution. I have yet to see any battery solution that looks good, it’s either a random npf hanging on top of the cage, a huge clunky battery mounted to the bottom of the camera, or a big v-mount battery. 

On 9/17/2019 at 11:14 AM, crevice said:

Now I just wish there was an elegant battery solution. I have yet to see any battery solution that looks good, it’s either a random npf hanging on top of the cage, a huge clunky battery mounted to the bottom of the camera, or a big v-mount battery. 

I use the "random npf hanging on top..." approach or a v-mount, depending upon configuration. The npf on the cage certainly works, but it does bug me a bit. I encourage you to check out the (bulky) Tilta handles that allow you to put a battery inside the handle as well as the BM battery grip. I think that the BM battery grip is the most elegant solution at the moment for a handheld rig.

23 minutes ago, drm said:

I use the "random npf hanging on top..." approach or a v-mount, depending upon configuration. The npf on the cage certainly works, but it does bug me a bit. I encourage you to check out the (bulky) Tilta handles that allow you to put a battery inside the handle as well as the BM battery grip. I think that the BM battery grip is the most elegant solution at the moment for a handheld rig.

Yeah, that seems to be the best one at the moment. Though, I did see something that has peaked my interest. I have a SmallHD focus and I saw this: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1475115-REG/core_swx_npf_shd_npf_l_series_style_pack.html?sts=pi&pim=Y

Seems like I can power the smallhd focus and the camera with that battery above. I would just use DTAP to 12volt from that battery to the pocket 6k. The only thing is I have no idea how long the battery would last powering both the monitor and camera and can't find anything online. 

39 minutes ago, drm said:

That battery is a 7800 mAh (60 Wh) battery, which is roughly the same as the F970 batteries. A F970 battery powers my P4Ks around 2.5 hours. If I had to guess, I would expect that battery to power the monitor and the camera around 1.75 hours.

Not bad, better than the 20 minutes with a canon battery or having it shut off at random percentages.