Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K

BTM_Pix

12 minutes ago, hansel said:

WILL IT BLEND?!?

LOL...Uh no. It will not blend :grin:  Thanks for that. That is one of the most amusing things I have read in a while!

18 minutes ago, BTM_Pix said:

OMG. I hadn't seen that before. That is amazingly funny. Thank you.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
8 minutes ago, drm said:

LOL...Uh no. It will not blend :grin:  Thanks for that. That is one of the most amusing things I have read in a while!

OMG. I hadn't seen that before. That is amazingly funny. Thank you.

Yes, I find flying circus to be an inextinguishable source of relief for the occasional "troubles" of daily life ?

3 hours ago, drm said:

Skip77 Nice job DEFLECTING. You said QUOTE:

"Cine cameras don't have shutter speeds as they have shutter angles."

Which, as I pointed out, is not correct. Period. I then showed you a screen shot of the rear of a P4K, clearly showing both Shutter Speed and Shutter Angle as options. A couple of us tried to help you understand that shutter angle and shutter speed refer to the same thing. Rather than admit that you made an error, you ignored that fact and rambled on about other stuff. That is the only thing from your post that I mentioned.

You are really quick to say that others are wrong, but I haven't seen you admit when you are wrong. Why is that?

There are many *really* experienced people on here who would be happy to help you learn something if you stopped being difficult and listened.

Are you just trying to be disruptive or are you just another millennial that thinks that you know everything? It appears to me that you have a bad case of the Dunning-Kruger effect.

=======

To everyone else. My apologies for derailing the thread. I am going back to work and ignoring this nonsense. I certainly don't have time to participate in some troll fest. :) 

Here is a video for Skip77. If he doesn't think that it is hilarious, that tells me everything that I need to know :grin:

You missed the point PAL.

The deal is if you read the post I mad and the ones from the older Motion cadence is when you break down and look at what camera produce good motion cadence,  you realize it's not about 24fps and 1/48s but as @Oliver Daniel wrote:

"It's no coincidence that expensive cinema cameras (and BM cams) have this motion cadence (very high shutter readout, RAW and ProRes, high bit rate) and consumer cameras do not at all (besides the 5D Mk 3 Magic Lantern)." 

"So in a nutshell, for beautiful motion cadence, shoot in RAW at 24p and 1/48s with a very fast rolling shutter /global shutter, with manual "proper" cine lenses and finish in ProRes. Come think of it, I now find my post pointless, as I thought we all knew that anyway!! "

I clearly wrote about the same-thing as Oliver, not a well, but the same. You guys decided you didn't like my tone or the words I used.  You even posted a dork posting about ND filters on a iPhone.

So you can keep posting and then run it back with "I'm sorry everyone for posting again".  I made my point clear with the help of  @Oliver Daniel older post. 

"expensive cinema cameras (and BM cams) have this motion cadence (very high shutter readout, RAW and ProRes, high bit rate)"

10 minutes ago, Anaconda_ said:

Great that's cleared up now.

@drm could you record say 1 minute of the same scene on both the P6k and P4k both on the same Braw setting so we can get a good idea of file size differences?

Alternatively, what does the time indicator say for the same card in both cameras?

Happy to do so. I am getting a couple of members of my team together tomorrow for a shake-down session with the new camera. I don't like to use new gear on a project until I have ran test footage a few times.

12 minutes ago, drm said:

Happy to do so. I am getting a couple of members of my team together tomorrow for a shake-down session with the new camera. I don't like to use new gear on a project until I have ran test footage a few times.

3200ISO + maybe a couple more stops. This is what interests me more, if the new camera has similar or better ISO performance.

16 minutes ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

My main interest is a comparison of 120fps. Would be interesting to see if the colors are different as well. 

We are currently having storms and more are forecast for tomorrow. As soon as the weather is clear, I will grab some footage. I will be happy to grab 120 fps from both and upload the raw files somewhere.

36 minutes ago, Anaconda_ said:

Not my video, but here's the specs:
• Resolution: 6144x2560 (not full sensor size)
• Frame Rate: 60P
• Codec: Braw 12:1
• Sigma 18-35mm 1.8 ART
• Tiffen Black Promist 1/8

Yup - smooth as silk.  Just like I said.