Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K

BTM_Pix

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Let's back to topic? What do you know about what I know? Where's the scope given by the media plays on it? I was referring the period between 1861-65 FYI and yes, to put in perspective your electoral college to match such Union and not a division of states from some other discussion about EU living hard days now to affect the lives of everyone having life here and buying from suppliers based in UK as for instance. What's this episode got to do with it? See how you end out of context? But once you mention, do you have any clue on my experience with? You pop up from nowhere as self-entitled to comment anything only because you feel you know better than anyone you targeted so? C'mon... Let's give a break now?

@Skip77 Thanks for your edit to put an end on more disband : -)

12 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

Let's back to topic? What do you know about what I know? I was referring the period between 1861-65 FYI and yes, to put in perspective your electoral college to match such Union and not a division of states. See how you end out of context? But once you mention, do you have any clue on my experience with? You pop up from nowhere as self-entitled to comment anything only because you feel you know better than anyone you targeted so? C'mon... Let's give a break now?

You are not as smart as you think you are. Coming across as some highly educated person isn't always the best foot forward. You are the one of the worse people on here to understand. I have no clue what you are trying to say half the time trying to come across as Holier than thou.  I sure doubt I am alone. We are not all 5th graders you can impress on here. Grow up. Get off your pretend high horse and join the real world. Speak Kings English, I am sure you took it. If not I Highly recommend it. It is sort of in now.

This is not a competition of egos for your information. But ideas. What's the beef against it? ; ) Shame on you, you love to shoot but hate to be shot ; -)

On your rant edited now because you are not the one who takes away a negative back to your private display and almost invariably have anything to add when the other side is supposed to not be here reading anymore (within the hour available from the forum software before anyone had read and properly exercised the right of reply) what about to have a better shot on what ad hominem attacks mean far away at the distance of a hidden mouse with a whole Ocean in-between, as well, ego show-off? We can also try to exchange some common field where we can communicate then? Or once my English language skills are not enough for you (I can't obviously speak on behalf of the 5th graders to impress here : D but that one coming from you is funny), what about to have some effort to learn my mother idiom, humm? LOL

Let's focus on what matters now?

Wow, this thread spiraled quickly. Usually it takes at least 7 pages for the politics to hit full stride.

1 hour ago, Kisaha said:

Back on topic.

Can anyone make the case for the P6K vs the P4K?

I can't. It's still a while before 4k is truly mainstream. I know very few people with 4k screens, and I know no one who regularly watches 4k content. I know in select communities 4k is old news, but from what I see it's still a minority. You can make the argument that 6k is "future proof," but by the time I want to shoot in 6k, we'll have 3 more generations of cameras to choose from.

From my perspective the P4K has no downsides, and half the cost. Unless, of course, the real world reviews and footage is vastly different from my expectations--if it turns out the P6K inherits the minimal rolling shutter from the 4.6k G2, then that's a good place to start making a case--but it seems unlikely.

What I dislike about the new Pocket series in general is it does not seem very easy to rig up. The battery life seems poor, and an external battery would block the screen. And I don't like DSLR-style grips, which either get in the way of a follow focus, or make it hard to balance on a gimbal. I'm still hoping for an update to the Micro, but it is more likely that I'll have to turn to Z Cam when/if I upgrade from the trusty NX1.

What I love about both P4K and P6K is that they really set the bar low for price by stripping away complex systems that I don't need for video, such as AF, IBIS, and EVF, while adding a lot of simple things that are crucial, like full size HDMI and timecode.

This is actually a premium version of the 4K model they've decided to call Pocket. I guess the OG spirit is lost. This is more their production model but much improved. I think their best bonus is the interface and I mention it as actual user indeed. In any case, their webpage shows a mature and coherent product design, they know their job. Where else you find such offer?

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/au/products/blackmagicpocketcinemacamera

13 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

This is not a competition of egos for your information. But ideas. What's the beef against it? ; ) Shame on you, you love to shoot but hate to be shot ; -)

Oh I can't deny it. Sort of in my my DNA. I shot more than they shot me. I won, they didn't. Called the survival of the fittest. No regrets.

I don't drink anymore.. Sorry. I am sort of tired of the silly stuff on here by some of you guys.. You act like the world is coming to a end. Like Oh I will never do 6K, 8K it sucks. That is the same old stuff people said when even SD, came out let alone HD. Get real. Guess what they work at Wal Mart now, God it is ridiculous. Pay the price or give it up.

4 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

I think their best bonus is the interface and I mention it as actual user indeed.

I have heard good things, yeah. The og pocket and 2.5k were also a joy to use from an interface perspective. Blackmagic's software is really their strong point, both in camera and for post. The menus on modern cameras are absolute nightmares, with a billion options that make little effect on the image, and no effect on the story.

I get on my Knees every night and pray for Emanuel. It has not seemed to help. I guess Meditation is sort of a waste of time if that doesn't work.

I guess I have reached a point of my usefulness on here as it falls on deaf ears. It changes but remains the same. I will leave all of you to you. Some deserve the others. Some pay the price. Such is life. Some learn, others continue the same. It has to be new knowledge learned. Why bother if not.

Greener pastures abound. Good luck on your journeys. All comes to and end like it or not. Such is life. I am done here. We will all be happier lol. I see no gains, probably not alone.. ? Enjoy, it won't last. Never does as they say. I will not be back, ever. Better things in life to spend your life on here.

1 minute ago, webrunner5 said:

I get on my Knees every night and pray for Emanuel. It has not seemed to help. I guess Meditation is sort of a waste of time if that doesn't work.

Let us not confuse praying with mindfulness Grasshopper :)

Now let's get back to the camera gak!

9 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

No need, I already paid for my pre-order from UK anyway ; )

17 minutes ago, KnightsFan said:

I have heard good things, yeah. The og pocket and 2.5k were also a joy to use from an interface perspective. Blackmagic's software is really their strong point, both in camera and for post. The menus on modern cameras are absolute nightmares, with a billion options that make little effect on the image, and no effect on the story.

Indeed. I don't realize how those manufacturers don't figure out they're not adding anything of worthy rather than focus on what a camera really must be.

Was kind of shocked to see this. Makes sense though. Won't kill Pocket 4k sales.

When you look at it its not that crazy but at the same time it is. Its higher resolution than their most expensive camera the URSA G2 though lacking in 4k 120fps.

However you get 6k and 6k 60fps which the URSA doesn't have. Same sensor size and better low light performance. 

10 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

EBeO8zlVUAAWn2S.thumb.jpeg.526da87cf6bbc61218992b27d5236b0d.jpeg

EBePaaCU8AEzgc5.thumb.jpeg.5c63d3d14268d54ce15c5b4c37610e15.jpeg

EBePQfiUcAA5cCT.thumb.jpeg.bc94fd52a29213dfbeb1d676ddd9b327.jpeg

Oh well, we might as well start a new thread then.

Interesting to see how it fares now its swimming in different if not necessarily deeper waters.

Instant availability as well, which is another surprise, so whatever those components Grant Petty referenced that had 72 week lead times in the 4K version that have been crippling deliveries are obviously not in play here.

The 6k sensor seems to have low dynamic range for a modern APS-C sensor. Plus if the body is made of that curious reinforced carbon composite, it would require some kind of SmallRig kind of rigging to ensure the large EF lenses don't exert too much pressure on the body.

The Pocket 4k seems to offer low light advantage over the Pocket 6k. Though, at base ISO, the Pocket 6k has just a hair (0.3?) Stop advantage in dynamic range at base ISO. 

The 6k camera is almost double the price of the 4k, and should offer some seriously substantial advantages over the 4k, atleast on paper. I am guessing, therefore, that some future firmware updates will add some more tricks to the 6k camera. 

The 6k Camera also does 21.2 megapixel photos, which could be great when you need a camera for photo.  

Screen-Shot-2019-08-09-at-10.12.10-AM.png

Screen-Shot-2019-08-09-at-10.12.02-AM.png