Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K

BTM_Pix

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
9 minutes ago, The ghost of squig said:

A 4K micro with or without a 3.2" LCD and a NPF battery mount would've been a much more attractive proposition. Who needs 6K? I just made the leap from 1080p to 4K and the first thing I did was slap a Black ProMist filter on it to take the edge off.

If you want a hybrid outcome, 6K is priceless : -)

1 hour ago, DBounce said:

Can't say that this unwieldy beast of a $2500, plastic "pocket" camera does anything for me. The Sigma FP is mighty interesting though.

Oh come on 8K right now is just a Japanese gimmick. There are lots of cameras that are scanning 6K, outputting 4K now. Japan is desperate at the moment.

3 hours ago, webrunner5 said:

This is making the m4/3 mount look more and more in jeopardy. Seems everyone is moving away from it. They might know something we don't, along with Panasonic.

Blah blah blah. We hear this crap every year. When the final day comes 4,5,8 years from now everybody will be saying “I said so!!!...8...years ago.

Move on or die, you have been warned. I did this stuff 30 years or more. You think I have not seen this stuff happen before? Like this has Never happened? Get real. There are so many naive people on here it is scary. People in power could give a crap if you live or die, really. Plenty more Jackasses out there.  They will work for free to get ahead. NEXT!

There is ALWAYS someone better than you are trust me. More hungry. That is who they will hire. I would never hire someone behind and pay big money. They are a loser. You live in a dreamworld down the road.

3 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

Particularly as the 4K is quite likely to become a lot cheaper on the used market.

True cost of the 4K is larger than its MSRP by quite a lot. The 6K isn’t cheap if you don’t have a kit already. 

15 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

Move on or die, you have been warned. I have been doing this stuff for 40 years or more. You think I have not seen this stuff happen before.?? Like this has Never happened before? Get real.

Yes, of course. Technology evolves. But we have been hearing about this “MFT is on deaths door” for years. Yet everybody loves their P4K and GH5 and Olympus cameras. But I get it, pessimism is your MO lately.

3 hours ago, webrunner5 said:

And they are not making crap off the PK4 I can tell you that.

Have sources to back that up? I’m generally curious.

24 minutes ago, Video Hummus said:

True cost of the 4K is larger than its MSRP by quite a lot. The 6K isn’t cheap if you don’t have a kit already. 

If a 1000 Dollars separates you from the competition I think you need to rethink this industry. That is chump change. Not even a good Tripod, a good Anything, let alone great..

Anyone that is half serious about making money can buy this new 6K camera and make it happen like it or not. Separates the men from the boys

24 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

There are so many naive people on here it is scary. People in power could give a crap if you live or die, really. Plenty more Jackasses out there.  They will work for free to get ahead. NEXT!

Kinda went off the deep end on that one. 

25 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

There is ALWAYS someone better than you are trust me. More hungry. That is who they will hire. I would never hire someone behind and pay big money. They are a loser. You live in a dreamworld down the road.

Hmm, I live in the present moment. I like my MFT camera and I can’t be bothered to shit on whatever you use because it’s a waste of time and it does no one any good. You’ve been doom and gloom for so long it’s tiring.

Oh you think? Imagine my surprise. I am resigned to the fact that I will buy a new Apple phone every year. That is the problem now. You can't ever win, you never could. Sony, others have it all figured out down the road. They don't just think this week trust me. You are Always sucking hind tit.

They are always nearly a product ahead by the time they announce the new product lol.

1 hour ago, Emanuel said:

@Kisaha order it without VAT outside your expensive suppliers and be happy with, you can say it is double price, but do not freak out misleading yourself and others with that EUR3000 figure excuse, merely Blackmagic pricing policy and still completely strange to the European market circumstances anyways, even because I suppose (well, let's say it with all capital letters: KNOW) it will only risk to end pretty inaccurate, wait and see, do your homework research first, please ; -)

That there are ways to find cheaper products is a reality, me and my friends and colleagues here run businesses that we have to pass through the proper channels, so I do not really have any benefit buying without a VAT or outside EU.

Also, the local shops I am buying, we creating a cooperation which is helpful in many ways when you are a professional in a very specific and small market that everyone's know everyone.

BM P4K is 1425-1479€ (including VAT 24%) here.

CVP has the P6K for almost 2700€ including U.K VAT, so it is reasonable to see the camera here in the 2800-2950€ price bracket. Hard facts.

Yeah but you can't blame BMD for the cost. You live in Greece you pay the price. Like it's BMD's fault? You can almost see Australia on a clear day, it is a Lot of miles from where I live. And yet it is tons cheaper here. Your compliant is totally irreverent to me.

24 minutes ago, Kisaha said:

That there are ways to find cheaper products is a reality, me and my friends and colleagues here run businesses that we have to pass through the proper channels, so I do not really have any benefit buying without a VAT or outside EU.

Also, the local shops I am buying, we creating a cooperation which is helpful in many ways when you are a professional in a very specific and small market that everyone's know everyone.

BM P4K is 1425-1479€ (including VAT 24%) here.

CVP has the P6K for almost 2700€ including U.K VAT, so it is reasonable to see the camera here in the 2800-2950€ price bracket. Hard facts.

Yes, I obviously understand your disclaimer. This doesn't apply to everyone in any single circumstances : )

I've just placed a pre-order with them. It will end less than EUR 2,200 without VAT.

Unfortunately, EU bureaucrats are prepping to put us buying from US and send bucks to the other side of Atlantic. One of the reasons BREXIT popped up. I still hope we'll prevail : ) Europe is a concept, not a farm of a few parasites living from people. We are all the people, long life to EU : -)

9 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

Yeah but you can't blame BMD for the cost. You live in Greece you pay the price.

I didn't blame anyone. Just stated the facts. European Union has very expensive taxes but they are the only ones left in the world to try to regulate Google and Facebook, and I rather live here than having to deal with a mass shooting every week.

This is a very nice corner of the world here. Beginning of the western civilization with Acropolis at the city center matched with unlimited islands with no sharks and great mountains!

The sea or a mountain is no more than 20-30minutes wherever you are in the country.

You are overreacting big time and people are "affraid" to state their opinion because they want to avoid the conflict. You are not the only one alive in this world and we have seen things and done things in our lives too, and still do by the way.

Oh I am Never going to say something bad about Greece. One of the most beautiful places on earth I have been too, especially the Islands.

But big time video separates the men from the boys is all I am saying. You can't Give away what you had before is the problem. It goes to auction for 100 Dollars a Pallet. Pay up or go home. Sure some people work for company's on here. Imagine the money the company you work for have tried up in this stuff. Actually unimaginable money. Just think the money  BBC, ESPN, etc. has, and a few years later now it is outdated... It was 10 years or more ago before that happened when I was in it. Even then it was a Big deal. It got worse and worse. Now it is only a few years. Soon year to year. It is going to get really ugly.

You are Never going to stop social media. There are too many 10 to 14 year old girls in the world. Good luck stopping them! They won't even pick up their clothes lol.