Blackmagic to announce new camera related news at 12 noon PDT (8pm London)

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
3 minutes ago, Adam Kuźniar said:

You absolutely can, there's a speedbooster for the Ursa mini pro by the guy called lucadapters.

Well the ursa mini pro can remove its mount (to swap between EF, PL, B4 and F mount) which enables you to install the speedbooster internal, you can not do this with the pocket 6K. 

1 minute ago, zerocool22 said:

Well the ursa mini pro can remove its mount (to swap between EF, PL, B4 and F mount) which enables you to install the speedbooster internal, you can not do this with the pocket 6K. 

The comment didn't say "it can't be done on pocket 6k" but that it can't be done on ef mount cameras all together. This is why I mentioned Ursa mini pro just as a fun fact, not a "there's speedbooster coming to the pocket 100% confirmed "

Just now, Avenger 2.0 said:

When the BMPCC 6K is everywhere in stock they probably will announce the BMPCC 8K with full-frame sensor ? 

One can assume they will upgrade the Ursa to 8K directly with the next Generation of their Flagship, maybe one Super35 and one Fullframe.

I'm very torn about this update because on one hand I think the m4/3 mount is the most flexible option in terms of lensing plus with the different flavours of speedbosters available you can get much closer to full frame than Super35 if needed. On the other hand 6K for 4K delivery has the potential to deliver a great image and will probably completely solve the only issue I have with the camera which is the presence of aliasing/moirè in highly detailed scenes. (it's got substantially better with BRAW but it's still there unfortunately).

Decisions, decisions! ?

Just now, Anaconda_ said:

At twice the price, I still think I'd buy the P4k and a booster over the 6k. There's many more lens options. If the 6k had more 4k framerates, things might be different. I don't see it as worth the upgrade, but I don't think it's supposed to be either. 

Main reason im thinking of upgrading my pocket 4K. 

- Anamorphic modes
- No hassle with the speedbooster.

• Super Members
25 minutes ago, zerocool22 said:

No. The speedbooster works on the 4K Production Camera as well, which doesn't have a removable mount.