Zach Goodwin2

How Does This Production Company Name Sound?

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

People don't want simple. They'd rather go with Exuberant Productions Productions. 😂

'Simple Man' either gives off the vibe you yourself are a simpleton (stripped of anything extraordinary; basic) or suggests the services you are offering are for the 'simple man' ('mediocre', maybe only landing you gigs with folks looking to get a cheap job done... maybe even mailing you offering 'exposure' as a payment for your work), perhaps. Also... your production company only does films (altn: pictures, productions, media, entertainment, ..)?

Maybe take something a little more personal and unique. Like, based on your lastname and username: Goodwin Two-Shoes Productions (play on 'Goody Two-Shoes').

Depends on what you intended area of production is. I can imagine little docu episodes of sustainable living, farming, craftwork etc... it wouldn't go to well if you are aiming for the next balenciaga campaign video....

45 minutes ago, kaylee said:

@Zach Goodwin2 how abt Basic Bitch Entertainment

that provokes alot of interesting thoughts, mostly centered around some music and leather. Where do we sign up ?  🤪

you can leave your dog at home most likely bite my arm off if i get to close 😓

i'm with cinegrain. It needs to be a play on words, however you dont want to leave it open to peoples interpretation, cause people will allways go off on a tangent like i did with kaylees comment. 

I kind of like it, but as said before, it depends what productions you're making.

As for big, powerful names, yes they obviously work, but there's then there's companies which have similar connotations as Simple Man, for example:

Plan B (not the first option)

Working Title (not finished)

Scott Free (got away with it)

Ambiln (walking aimlessly)

Those are very successful companies that make some huge movies, and they have a much less impactful/positive names than Dreamworks or Universal for example. - That said the ones I've listed do often produce films with the bigger, more powerful names.

Simpleton Productions (very) Limited

It's a no from me.

Why not go with a fruit? It worked for Apple, Orange and Blackberry...

Kumquat sounds quite exotic whereas Lychee everyone will think you are a Chinese company and that causes all kinds of debate here... 😂

2 hours ago, Kisaha said:

Yeah, why not. Do whatever you'd like, on a complicated world a little simplicity can be beneficial for all!

If you can work around a bit to your original idea maybe you have something.

That is exactly why I came up with the company name.

Of course it all depends... do you want to swim with the sharks or only want to put your feet in shallow waters that have tetras in them.

If you know what you're fishing for, you gotta use the appropriate bait to reel 'em in.

In this day and age it's survival of the fittest and you've got to make yourself stand out from the crowd if you want to make it big. The ripple effect starts with making a splash. First impression has to make a bold statement, catch attention, evoke some thoughts. You've got to be clever, catchy and rememberable somehow. There's people with 0 talent building empires (I guess that's a talent of its own) because they figured out how that game works, some literally manage to 'fake it until they make it'. Now, I'm not saying you can't make it staying humble; you don't have to sell your soul. But play smarter, not harder. If you don't get onto people's radar, you also won't get the oppertunity to prove yourself through your art and skills. So play ball. Don't let others eat offa your plate that are better at marketing B$ than actual production. Combat the wave!

Goodwin Two Shoes is pretty witty. But with a last name like that, I’d have to agree to use his name...

GoodWin Films... the logo can be as simple as a GW interlocked in some fashion.

I believe Zach wants to make his own films... narrative and perhaps documentary. But stories of his own accord. So, I don’t know if the name of his production company will really affect his career all that much since, in a lot of ways, it’s just a title on a screen, a banner name that will hopefully be “ in association with” another production companies’ name at some point. 

So, if he wants to make simple films, then sure A Simple Man works.

I feel like we had a 10 page discussion about this same topic 4 or 5 years ago, though. 

2 minutes ago, mercer said:

I feel like we had a 10 page discussion about this same topic 4 or 5 years ago, though. 

Its been a slow burn for him thats for sure.

If he ever wants to branch out in to providing the onscreen talent then I definitely think he should name that company ProCastin8.

With that being said, I personally like the idea of a play on words using your name. For instance, my last name is Mercer... so how about Mercernary Films... my first name is Glenn... maybe Glenntertainment Productions LTD...

In the end, it’s probably better that I have a film or two done before I worry about such things.

5 minutes ago, BTM_Pix said:

Its been a slow burn for him thats for sure.

If he ever wants to branch out in to providing the onscreen talent then I definitely think he should name that company ProCastin8.

I think that could be the name of my production company as well.

look zach: "simple man" WONT WORK BC

***YOU ARE A SIMPLE MAN***

IN A BAD WAY.

if you were a frickin genius, and everybody knew it, THEN you could use a name like that ironically. instead, you make nothing and come up with lousy names for imaginary production companies: #FACT

imagine that DWAYNE JOHNSON THE ROCK IS YELLING AT YOU RN, NOT A PRETTY GIRL

IVE BEEN TRYING TO **HELP** YOU FOR LITERALLY YEARS AND YEARS AND YEARS

NOW: STOP THIS HORSESHIT AND MAKE THINGS. THATS WHAT I DO *EVERY SINGLE DAY*

if ya smellll.....

what kayleeee...

is cookin

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQQyhmQWHO0keXf3qkW36P