How an Image is made (May Update This)

Zach Goodwin2

Alright I have done a lot of research on light, physics, electricity, metals, and have passed high school and gotten an associate's degree. I have also used a camera for many years, and now I am going to try to explain how a camera works in technical detail that I hope is very logical and sound. We all know how the big bang works, gas is emitted and forms electrons,protons, and neutrons. This gas create compounds and elements scattered and found on Earth. There are certain elements and compounds which have more protons, or more electrons, or more neutrons... What I'm getting to are the elements and compounds that have more electrons. Anyway, these items that have more electrons are like silver. Create a reflection from the protons that the radiation of light has, which comes from the gas of the sun or the gas from a light bulb.The silver then is picked up and screwed in and placed with other materials like silicon and that's the camera sensor... Which of course silicon is made from sand like glass... Glass is found in mirrors. The silver is combined with several other materials that are sensitive to light. Sensitivity to light is like the materials found on a mirror. Anyway these materials are metallic and thus can have a electronic signal. The electronic signal from a battery source which is formed from chemicals that are stored energy with acid. Anyway this energy from the battery source creates an electronic signal.The electronic signal passes and goes through the metal etched surfaces of the circuitry in the camera with the sensor. Anyway the sensor from the electricity have a negative charge that is powerful enough that once a button is pressed on the camera... Light strikes then bounces off this negatively charged sensor... Thus forming an image. How is the forming done? Well... A lens with glass elements like how our eye works... Has a front part which corrects the refraction and reflection of light rays.The middle part is the part that affects how big the front element can see the landscape you are pointing your camera at. Anyway light reflect and refracts through these glass elements that are concave and convex they go through a diaphram that chooses how big or how small light can go through. The light rays travel through these glasses and go into the diaphram, which is a hole for the light to travel to form the reflection of the image that is on the sensor... Thus forming the image... Like how a mirror works.... Well if that is the case then why is the lens necessary? Because...The lens reflects light onto the only part of the camera most sensitive to light which is the camera sensor on the camera. The lens is the gate that is opened for light to travel through and meet it's point where it is formed on the sensor. And that sensor is very small and is a metallic surface.The camera collects these protons on the photosites of the metal surface of the camera like how a solar pannel works. And these signals that are reflected protons and electrons become numbers.The numbers inside the circuitry in the camera become pixels.And soon those pixels have color from the combination of the three layers of blue red and green on the sensor and some coding... Three pictures of each a color red, green, and blue combine and form a color image from the pixels.And this is all in the circuitry which collects and stores memory in special metal combinations and etched in from drills, special lasers, and all other sorts of factory equipment. Anyway the pictures from the pixels form through the display where LEDs create for each pixel from the picture and thus your image is made. After all it also is stored on memory flash or any other special connectivity that stores infromation. Where you can now see your picture of a cat. How all of this equipment is put together is through special plastic from oil and special materials.screwed in and glued together. Markings are made from special equipment, and special oils combined to make paint are on the camera to show you what setting you can use affecting the electric signal of the image like ISO. And that's all, thank you.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
22 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

Sorry, no way I am going to try to read all of that in it's present format. Appreciate the effort though.

er... me too, how about a short youtube video that may be more watchable, you could even make it for the $200 camera challenge then your guaranteed and audience. Even if you did lose.  i seriously doubt anyone wants too take a camera off an aspiring director. i dont but then i might be more chivalrous than the rest  perhaps

1 hour ago, Zach Goodwin2 said:

I've done a lot of research for this. Wouldn't this be interesting? There are people who take pictures on their phone wouldn't they be curious how it works?

not knocking your zeal dude,  but unless you tell a good story and can animate that story somehow, maybe not. I think there is a reason why we have categories like users and other categories like makers.

Reminds me of a blogpost of mine once upon a time... (a friend asked me to explain him the basics, so I figured, might as well write some shit down and put it online).

Including the 'WORK IN PROGRESS. CONTENT WILL BE ADDED. EVENTUALLY…' haha, yeah, like that ever works out. ? Does contain Dracula, a love triangle and sunglasses tho.