The 4K IQ of S1 & S1R is unbelievely bad

gelaxstudio

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
55 minutes ago, gelaxstudio said:

Guys,what is your thoughts?

You stole this headline from Tony Northup ? ?!

Joking aside, thanks for the links. I am gonna check that on a real screen and not my phone. But given the look of the S1 videos and the first impressions of VLOG users, I think that the dpreviews demo scene is one thing, and real world use another...

My thoughts are start watching all the new vlog videos people are posting with their S1 and be honest with yourself with what you see.

That chump gives me heartburn. He’s the master of bullshit clickbait YouTube. He’s not afraid to contradict himself, so he covers all the fanboy talking points. 

6 minutes ago, Geoff_L said:

You stole this title from Tony Northup ? ?!

8 minutes ago, Video Hummus said:

My thoughts are start watching all the new vlog videos people are posting with their S1 and be honest with yourself with what you see.

That chump gives me heartburn. He’s the master of bullshit clickbait YouTube. He’s not afraid to contradict himself, so he covers all the fanboy talking points. 

Yeah dpreview charts are one thing and real world results are another. For example on paper my g7’s DR is okay but in real life it really seems pretty good to me. 

The s1 v-log footage looks amazing, way better than a7iii or Nikon z6. No oversharpening, crazy DR and canon-level skin tones. It almost looks like an Alexa, and the image in my opinion is even better looking at the BMPCC4k. 

16 minutes ago, Shell64 said:

Yeah dpreview charts are one thing and real world results are another. For example on paper my g7’s DR is okay but in real life it really seems pretty good to me. 

The s1 v-log footage looks amazing, way better than a7iii or Nikon z6. No oversharpening, crazy DR and canon-level skin tones. It almost looks like an Alexa, and the image in my opinion is even better looking at the BMPCC4k. 

Most of the cameras nowadays shoots good images in real world ,in fact ,that chart is a real thing in the real world too,it is  not CG 

This is the  best reference I can find so far

No other way I can think of to compare such many camera with the same conditions at the momment 

Whether S1 or S1R worth the price when compare to the others,that is the question here~

I am not go for the S1 or S1R after seeing these results

The X-T3 looks invincible now:joy:

Does Panasonic know the video quality of the S1&S1R is bad,so that they planing to make S1H?

Just now, androidlad said:

Sharpness, detail and moire are just a few of many image quality metrics.

If you compare S1 and A7 III, the 4K quality is identical. But S1 offers better DR, colour and way more framerate and codec options.

The nikon Z6 does too

• Administrators

A complete troll of a headline, from somebody who doesn't even know what he's looking at.

He's crudely re-scaled the screen grabs... Looks like they are off his phone!

Here are the full JPEGs from DPReview. Click, download, crop in and look at 100%.

Sony A7 III

a7sii4k.jpg

Panasonic S1

s1-4K_24p_FF.jpg

The Fuji X-T3 is the best resolving camera on the market at the moment.

However the difference is very minor.

The chart is designed to show even minor differences that vanish in normal viewing conditions when not pixel peeping, or on a normal subject. Viewing footage in a cinema, the small differences would also vanish due to viewing distances.

And we've had the argument before with the EOS R that pin-sharpness is not what you want. It isn't cinematic. You need a natural looking image, which you can add sharpness to in post when needed and 99% of the time it isn't.

Also Dpreview did the chart test before the V-LOG codec upgrade came out and the don't specify their sharpness settings.

The S1 doesn't have a moire problem and it resolves 4K as well as the top 5% of cameras DPReview have tested over the years.

4 hours ago, Shell64 said:

S1 doesn't look WAY BETTER then the Z6.  I haven't seen it in comparison footage. The Z6 you can lower the sharpness to - 3 

8 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

And we've had the argument before with the EOS R that pin-sharpness is not what you want. It isn't cinematic. You need a natural looking image, which you can add sharpness to in post when needed and 99% of the time it isn't.

As much as I dislike the EOS R in concept. Ignoring the dynamic range (for a full frame camera) the image out of camera is great.

The S1 is the same. Just a combination of things that make it look great. 

3 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

Canon has Peter McKinnon, but maybe they need the combined bullshitting power of Peter AND gelaxstudio too.

GELAX... is that a lubricant or a condom brand?

That's a bit of a low blow andrew, as host of this site and a mentor with much experience and alot to offer the rest of us. I,d expect a more tolerant attitude. Comments like this do not  grow your website. regardless of whether he's right,wrong or a complete idiot. I know you have this persona of telling it like it is and thats fine. However making it personal and smiting some one down with derogatory comments makes you no better than the schoolyard bully

7 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

Canon has Peter McKinnon, but maybe they need the combined bullshitting power of Peter AND gelaxstudio too.

GELAX... is that a lubricant or a condom brand?

Why this has to be personal, did I offend you somehow?

I did not judge your personality

1370881212_s1t32.thumb.png.6d36ccd8506c025a7402f9c678d5ad08.png

If this is not moire ,what else it can be?

You can disagree with me,or make your own review to prove Dpreview done a wrong test .

And I am not making fake news here,all I did is posted some screenshots of Dpreview‘s website and share some of my thoughts baseed on what I saw

If this is something bullshit or something  misleading,try tell that to the Dpreview ,not me

3 hours ago, leslie said:

That's a bit of a low blow andrew, as host of this site and a mentor with much experience and alot to offer the rest of us. I,d expect a more tolerant attitude. Comments like this do not  grow your website. regardless of whether he's right,wrong or a complete idiot. I know you have this persona of telling it like it is and thats fine. However making it personal and smiting some one down with derogatory comments makes you no better than the schoolyard bully

Right,if I done something wrong ,I will  apologize and stop posting wrong materials