BMPCC4K and Helios 44/4 and Mir 37mm

DanielVranic

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

This one was shot with BMPCC4K, Helios 44 and Hypergonar S. T. O. P. 

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=381338402710980&id=196512047679611&refid=18&ref=content_filter&__tn__=*s-R

Another one from BMPCC4K and Helios. This time Elmoscope II was used:

Screenshot_20190802-195050_Via_Browser.thumb.png.6fa6857bd328617e243f04ac6493d929.png

Even though I'm not a big fan of Facebook groups, I have to admit that Anamorphic Shooters group (apart from everyday 'just showing how my gear looks like' posts) is a great source of knowledge and inspiration. 

I wouldn't recommend speedboosting MIR if you plan to use 2x scopes. Helios *should* be okay. 

Your lens needs to be >75 mm (FF equivalent) to avoid vignetting with 2x adapters. 85 mm to be safe. 

Unfortunately, there is a lot of variables that need to be taken into account (camera, speedbooster, taking lens, anamorphic adapter, the way you connect them [clamps or not], single focus diopter, filters, etc), and nobody can guarantee that a particular setup will work, unless they've tried it themselves. 

BUT it won't be an issue, if you stick to well known combos. They may cost a little bit more, but better to be safe than sorry. 

( :

Yup. No guarantees. There are some guidelines for good luck though:

Stick to prime lenses.

Pancakes are your friend.

Get clamps designed specifically for your scope.

Get a good variable diopter as it will last you over many different scopes.

The widest 2X scope I’m aware of is the Kowa 16-H/8Z/Bell and Howell/Elmoscope (many versions of the same lens), and best it can do on full frame is 56mm, and that’s only if you’re planning on cropping it to 2.35:1.

They fetch a pretty penny though because of their wide angle status, so if you’re on a budget, you should accept that you’ll probably be using longer focal lengths than this, closer to 75mm or even 85mm. With your budget I would say get a Rapido FVD-16A and then use the leftovers on a scope. Finally, get some clamps for the scope.

• 1 month later...