LUT pack for only 5$

thephoenix

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Yeah, slick site and all, but who? Google search mentions one of the images of the site being uploaded 5 days ago. That's how long the site is up?

So there's no history, background, names, except for claiming they're trusted within the industry and 'their work' is just collecting LUTs as they are 'acquired LUTs directly from the top colorists in Hollywood' in a 'A Pack of 157 Brilliant Colour Perfection LUTs'. Although the actual cinematic LUTs only are described as there being 39 of 'em elsewhere. Why isn't there any demos with actual videos? Before and afters?

So... did they just steal a bunch of LUTs they've found online and trying to sell 'em in a bundle?

18 minutes ago, Geoff_L said:

Has someone tried them ? I want something nice to play with log footages before diving into grading sessions.

no but over 150 luts for 5 bucks.. c'mon

2 minutes ago, Cinegain said:

Yeah, slick site and all, but who? Google search mentions one of the images of the site being uploaded 5 days ago. That's how long the site is up?

So there's no history, background, names, except for claiming they're trusted within the industry and 'their work' is just collecting LUTs as they are 'acquired LUTs directly from the top colorists in Hollywood' in a 'A Pack of 157 Brilliant Colour Perfection LUTs'. Although the actual cinematic LUTs only are described as there being 37 of 'em elsewhere. Why isn't there any demos with actual videos? Before and afters?

So... did they just steal a bunch of LUTs they've found online and trying to sell 'em in a bundle?

interresting

i'll check if my credit card hasn't a million dollard debt then ?

Nah, just a fake front to get in lazy money (and perhaps creditcard/personal information/e-mailaddresses), I doubt it's about what you actually download (you probably do end up getting LUTs, but they probably have nothing to do with developing them or have the authorisation from the respective owners to share/sell them) and spreading viruses.

There's a lot of places to get legit LUTs and you'll know what exactly you are buying. Usually they have sliders showing the before and after as well have a lot of people on YouTube try and review them. They're credible and have the feedback to back their claims up. This? It just smells like a bunch of hoogie bogie to me.

no but over 150 luts for 5 bucks.. c'mon

That's exactly why it's 5 bucks. You're like 'c'mon, that's one less Starbucks coffee' and if it's shady it's not worth your trouble to go after your money. But if a thousand folks think like that... then that's more money in Ebrahim's pocket.