G7/G85 best settings

Shell64

8 minutes ago, PannySVHS said:

Thanks Glenn! The GH4 has a HD all intra codec with 200mbit and it costs less than 1000usd now, or the Fz2000 you had, 200mbit, also in the sub 1000 dollar category.

Right, like Shell64 wrote, the 72mbit all-i is to stay away from, the 50mbit interframe codec should be pretty nice.

Yeah. Or you can use an external recorder to shoot 220mbps all-i prores. 

The Sony a6000, like the gh3, has a beefy 50mbps codec combined with a solid 1080p image.  it’s sensor is also larger.

Has anyone used the g7 with an external recorder?  Can you change the frame rate when recording externally and not internally?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
Just now, webrunner5 said:

Well You can't see Anything recording external with a G7. The LCD screen goes black.

You mean when connected to hdmi and not recording internally? This is the one area Panasonic seriously crippled this camera. 

25 minutes ago, PannySVHS said:

Thanks Glenn! The GH4 has a HD all intra codec with 200mbit and it costs less than 1000usd now, or the Fz2000 you had, 200mbit, also in the sub 1000 dollar category.

Right, like Shell64 wrote, the 72mbit all-i is to stay away from, the 50mbit interframe codec should be pretty nice.

Well the GH4 is a 5 year old camera that was $1500 at release. And the FZ2500 is a 3 year old camera that was $1200 at release. I just don’t understand why the newer sub-$1000 cameras, with IBIS, do not have better 1080p?!

With that being said, the FZ2500 is one of my all time favorite cameras. I have a search on eBay saved and will buy another one once I can find one for the right price. The 200mbps all-i is beautiful in that camera and it does 10bit 1080p externally.

26 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

50mbit interframe codec Should be equivalent to about 150mbit all-i in my experience, so not too bad.

Idk, all-i codecs seem to have a thicker image and better motion than intraframe codecs.

Just now, mercer said:

Well the GH4 is a 5 year old camera that was $1500 at release. And the FZ2500 is a 3 year old camera that was $1200 at release. I just don’t understand why the newer sub-$1000 cameras, with IBIS, do not have better 1080p?!

With that being said, the FZ2500 is one of my all time favorite cameras. I have a search on eBay saved and will buy another one once I can find one for the right price. The 200mbps all-i is beautiful in that camera and it does 10bit 1080p externally.

That sounds like an awesome run and gun camera with a beautiful image. 10 bit external with v-log and it would sing.