G7 in 2019

Shell64

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
20 hours ago, IronFilm said:

That is pitiful little, have you looked into renting a FS7 elsewhere? Someone who actually has a properly equipped FS7 

The best solution was to get the Ninja Assassin, now I have more Than 1TB, renting an FS7 elsewhere is going to be a lot more expensive, and I can use the Ninja also with my new (old) GH4 when I am SOLO, at the end I think I made the best choice....

A couple of days ago I recorded a conference on the g7 in 4K 24fps with the unlimited recording hack. Firmware version was 2.2 and color of g7 is black. 

The camera successfully recorded close to 40 minutes of 4K video before the conference ended and I stopped recording. No overheating, and the camera was not hot. The files were successfully recorded, and when pieces together in DaVinci resolve I did not detect any dropped or skipped frames from one clip to another (the camera splits clips after a certain file size). 

• 4 years later...

Really nice edit on the teaser. @IronFilm Colors at display look soso imho. Andy Lee has been writing about a feature film in production which he dped with several G7 cameras. It was titled Pandora back then. I don't know if it got finished. G7 has the nicest HD image I have seen from Lumix Mft cameras, almost as high resolving as GH5 but with less edge sharpness. I imagine the GH5II providing the best HD image of all of them. If the G7 only had a 50mbit longop codec like the GH3. I had gotten some nice images out of it. Great color palette for grading.

Btw I still have mine, not used as much as I would have liked too.:)

On 1/25/2024 at 3:22 AM, PannySVHS said:

Really nice edit on the teaser. @IronFilm Colors at display look soso imho. Andy Lee has been writing about a feature film in production which he dped with several G7 cameras. It was titled Pandora back then. I don't know if it got finished. G7 has the nicest HD image I have seen from Lumix Mft cameras, almost as high resolving as GH5 but with less edge sharpness. I imagine the GH5II providing the best HD image of all of them. If the G7 only had a 50mbit longop codec like the GH3. I had gotten some nice images out of it. Great color palette for grading.

Btw I still have mine, not used as much as I would have liked too.:)

Would love it if @andy lee popped back to give us an update about the Panasonic G7 feature film! And what is he up to now?