Leica alternative body (Nikon Z6??)

BLACKOUT

Just going through the mind games of looking for a body to mount some Leica 50 asph & a 21 asph 

I know I should stick with a Leica M body for best results 

But am I better to have a go at the new Nikon Z6??

Does the M240 body have nice 1080p?

Corner smearing has a lot to do with the final decision for the 21mm...

Dont need 4K - and 24 mpx is plenty 

Any suggestions : currently tried a Sony A7r11 and the result was terrible.....

Thanks all 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
6 minutes ago, BLACKOUT said:

Just going through the mind games of looking for a body to mount some Leica 50 asph & a 21 asph 

I know I should stick with a Leica M body for best results 

But am I better to have a go at the new Nikon Z6??

Does the M240 body have nice 1080p?

Corner smearing has a lot to do with the final decision for the 21mm...

Dont need 4K - and 24 mpx is plenty 

Any suggestions : currently tried a Sony A7r11 and the result was terrible.....

Thanks all 

Are you going for a clean as a babies behind look or more of a Filmic, Cine look? That makes a big difference camera body wise.

Thanks Mattias- exhausted all the You Tube on the Z6 and will have to do the legwork in a dealers showrooms with the adapter and lens by the look of things.

2 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

Are you going for a clean as a babies behind look or more of a Filmic, Cine look? That makes a big difference camera body wise.

Filmic definitely 

Well one more question, does it Have to be a FF camera? I am leaning you toward the Blackmagic cameras. None more Filmic then them for the money. Maybe even a Fuji XT-3 might get it done if they have adapters for them. I am sure they do. They are just about giving away the Fuji XT-2, and in 1080p it is no slouch. Nice colors in them.

8 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

Thanks Mattias- exhausted all the You Tube on the Z6 and will have to do the legwork in a dealers showrooms with the adapter and lens by the look of things.

Filmic definitely 

Don’t want to go crop frame either 

Wow I can Only suggest a Leica and they are not so hot on the video side. Hmm. Now maybe if this Raw thing EVER comes out for the Nikon Z cameras that Might work but.  How about a Canon 5D with ML 1080p wise? The higher stuff is pretty flacky.

The new Canon EOS-R has a pretty output, but I would not call it Filmic. @Mattias Burling ought to know, he has one.

11 minutes ago, BLACKOUT said:

Can I get M lens to Canon DSLR????

That I can't tell you, but I am sure you can.

Look like you can. Hell that is a M mount Canon camera. Never mind on that one!!

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1150820-REG/fotodiox_lm_eos_m_p_pro_lens_mount_adapter.html

Can even go the EOS R mount route. If you have the money might be the way to go. The EOS-R is not too bad priced right now. Hey it's a Canon, can't go wrong there in the long run. At my age, maybe not. ?

https://www.adorama.com/nveosrlem.html

14 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

Well one more question, does it Have to be a FF camera? I am leaning you toward the Blackmagic cameras. None more Filmic then them for the money. Maybe even a Fuji XT-3 might get it done if they have adapters for them. I am sure they do. They are just about giving away the Fuji XT-2, and in 1080p it is no slouch. Nice colors in them.

Yes FF don’t really want to put the extra cost of a lens adapter 

You are hard to please lol.  I mean the Sony A7r MK II was the best thing since sliced bread for a Long time when it came out. I am out of ideas on FF sad to say. Still thinking. ?

The extra cost of an adapter Has to be tons cheaper than buying a Native Leica body lol.

Well here is a cheap Leica SL.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Leica-SL-Typ-601-Camera-READ-DESCRIPTION/223567905332?hash=item340daf8234:g:km4AAOSwW2hdEXNE:sc:FedExHomeDelivery!45056!US!-1

8 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

You are hard to please lol.  I mean the Sony A7r MK II was the best thing since sliced bread for a Long time when it came out. I am out of ideas on FF sad to say. Still thinking. ?

The extra cost of an adapter Has to be tons cheaper than buying a Native Leica body lol.

Yes Yes you’re right- but I’ve never had anything to do with any glass focal adapter 

Just now, BLACKOUT said:

Yes Yes you’re right- but I’ve never had anything to do with any glass focal adapter 

• Super Members

If TechART get their existing M to E mount AF adapter working with their new E to Z mount (I know @Andrew Reid was badgering them about what does seem to be an inexplicable oversight !) then that would be worth a look but whether the Z6 will give the same optical performance issues as the Sony remains to be seen.

Other than that, the SL will do the job for you in terms of M lenses being better on it than Sony and is falling in price since the S1 launch and with a likely SL2 on the horizon.

It crops in 4K but not in HD so that won't be an issue for you.

Gives you some room to expand as well with the new L mount lenses from Sigma, providing Leica doesn't spit their dummy like they did with the MC21 adapter.

29 minutes ago, BTM_Pix said:

If TechART get their existing M to E mount AF adapter working with their new E to Z mount (I know @Andrew Reid was badgering them about what does seem to be an inexplicable oversight !) then that would be worth a look but whether the Z6 will give the same optical performance issues as the Sony remains to be seen.

Other than that, the SL will do the job for you in terms of M lenses being better on it than Sony and is falling in price since the S1 launch and with a likely SL2 on the horizon.

It crops in 4K but not in HD so that won't be an issue for you.

Gives you some room to expand as well with the new L mount lenses from Sigma, providing Leica doesn't spit their dummy like they did with the MC21 adapter.

Did get the chance to use a SL body with my 50 and it was a very nice result 

The body was new in a showroom and they weren’t too fussed on negotiating the price,so that turned me away 

• Super Members

The official Leica stores aren't usually up for a haggle, though they can be on used items.

If you are UK based there are a few places with decent stocks of used SLs that you can haggle.

In fact, some of them are like this 

12 hours ago, BLACKOUT said:

Did get the chance to use a SL body with my 50 and it was a very nice result 

The body was new in a showroom and they weren’t too fussed on negotiating the price,so that turned me away 

Did you try the Z6 yet?  I posted footage and so have others and the Z6 produces what the S1 does in quality from what I've produced for clients.  The S1 might blow away the Z6 in the long run but right now if you compare the image output in 4K they look very close in a lot of ways. 

You wouldn't go wrong with either the Z6 or S1. For price the Z6 is the way to go along with 12 bit RAW Pro Res in the future. (no way Nikon doesn't make that happen). 

1 hour ago, Skip77 said:

Did you try the Z6 yet?  I posted footage and so have others and the Z6 produces what the S1 does in quality from what I've produced for clients.  The S1 might blow away the Z6 in the long run but right now if you compare the image output in 4K they look very close in a lot of ways. 

You wouldn't go wrong with either the Z6 or S1. For price the Z6 is the way to go along with 12 bit RAW Pro Res in the future. (no way Nikon doesn't make that happen). 

Couldn’t get the adapter from M to Nik Z so didn’t get the chance to use it for a demo 

11 minutes ago, BTM_Pix said:

You did see that we were discussing the Leica SL and not the Panasonic S1 here ?

Yes got that , and the SL with the OEM mount adapter did work seamlessly- really good 

Just the $7k they wanted!!!!!!

Nice haggling tutorials-should come in handy when I hit Sim City HK......

1 hour ago, Skip77 said:

Couldn’t get the adapter from M to Nik Z so didn’t get the chance to use it for a demo 

Yes got that , and the SL with the OEM mount adapter did work seamlessly- really good 

What’s the latest price drop in$US for the Z6 from a reputable non grey import dealer- no lens kit required????

• Super Members
5 minutes ago, BLACKOUT said:

Sorry, that was aimed at the person that clearly didn't.

Yikes at the $7K.

In the UK, the used price is currently equivalent to $3K, pre haggle ;)

With the way the pound is devaluing as well it wouldn't surprise me to see that get to $2.5K post October 31st.