Best 1080p 60fps camera?

wolf33d

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Going by DPReview's video still comparison, the GH5 still has the best 1080p out of everything they tested, by a considerable margin. The Sony's don't have great 1080p, i'd say second place in 1080p goes to Fujifilm. The X-H1 does have IBIS, and it's pretty good now from what i've seen, probably better than any FF camera excluding the Panasonic S1. The AF isn't bad either, surely better than the GH5. The X-H1 is quite reasonably priced now, so it could be an option.

GH5 does not have APSC or FF sensor.

Dare I say the A7sii?   Ok the AF tracking may not be the best (or exist at all) except in a limited range like a band on a stage.     The original A7s as well but no IBIS so you would need a stabilized lens.

I'm not a gear reviewer and have never tested anything that isn't Fuji recently, but the XH1 could be a contender?

I have an XH1 and an XT3 but use XH1 for stills only and the XT3 on a monopod for video as I use 4k 60p, but if 1080 is your requirement...

The 'best' camera for me would be a mashup of the two, but as it does not exist...

If I wasn't shooting Fuji, I'd go Nikon Z6 second and it's only the lack of 4k 60p I'm not.

Third choice would be Panny S1 but size and contrast only AF put me off, but principally the size.

7 hours ago, MrSMW said:

I'm not a gear reviewer and have never tested anything that isn't Fuji recently, but the XH1 could be a contender?

I have an XH1 and an XT3 but use XH1 for stills only and the XT3 on a monopod for video as I use 4k 60p, but if 1080 is your requirement...

The 'best' camera for me would be a mashup of the two, but as it does not exist...

If I wasn't shooting Fuji, I'd go Nikon Z6 second and it's only the lack of 4k 60p I'm not.

Third choice would be Panny S1 but size and contrast only AF put me off, but principally the size.

It seems like the Z6 IBIS is better than the XH1 as well as the auto focus. XH1 isn't shabby though especially as you can get them for sub $1000 now. 

17 hours ago, Esguelha said:

Going by DPReview's video still comparison, the GH5 still has the best 1080p out of everything they tested, by a considerable margin. The Sony's don't have great 1080p, i'd say second place in 1080p goes to Fujifilm. The X-H1 does have IBIS, and it's pretty good now from what i've seen, probably better than any FF camera excluding the Panasonic S1. The AF isn't bad either, surely better than the GH5. The X-H1 is quite reasonably priced now, so it could be an option.

If only Panasonic would add PDAF in their next GH camera or ToF sensor (so excited for @BTM_Pix ToF gadget) they would have a killer almost no compromise camera.

A7iii is a decent option. Z6 also. Eos r has fantastic 1080p (c100 like oversampling in crop mode) plus best in class af. It doesn’t have IBIS, but eis is good. Fuji xt3 however probably has the best 1080p quality to price ratio that meets your requirements (other than ibis.). I think it oversamples. Ibis isn’t he be all and end all. With practice I get stable handheld shots with my g7, and it has no ibis and my meike 25mm 1.8 has no stabilization. Just use a camera strap. 

Thanks for the input. GH5 is not APSC. C100, I should have mentioned "compact mirrorless camera". 

XH1 and XT3, well if XT3 had IBIS I would have used this one also for the 4K60. 

It seems that the Z6 is the best proposition in fitting all criteria. 

For info I will shoot wedding in my family. For once I do not need 4K, but something light good in 60p and good in photo. IBIS is for the convenience. 

One question, which has the best 120p: A7III, Z6 or XT3?

Apparently xt3 has amazing 120p. If you can live with micro for thirds gh5 has fabulous 1080p. It is oversampled up to 60p and still very nice at 120p. Also at a very nice 10 bit codec and the best ibis you’ve ever used. Again, only Micro 4/3 and lowlight sucks

2 hours ago, docmoore said:

https://www.lensrentals.com/rent/canon-eos-c100-mark-ii-w-dual-pixel-cmos-af

Any camera is a compromise but the EOS Cinema cameras are wonderful for this type of shooting. Add a monopod

and a lens with IS ....

C100 II is so nice if you don’t need 4K. Basically perfect with everything you want. Beautiful, detailed, organic image, c-log that a two year old can grade and get good results, canon color, built in ND filter, dual xlr inputs with very high quality preamps, no overprocessing or over sharpening. If you don’t need 4K it is about as no compromising as it gets. 

No idea what's the **best** but I really like the A7s image. It's my belief that many who look for the elusive *cinematic* image are really looking for dynamic range and potentially, nice rolled off highlights. Stabilisation would be an A7sii. There are many things not to like about these cameras but the image and just as importantly the sound quality is fantastic.