new nd filters for lens adapters

thephoenix

https://www.4kshooters.net/2019/07/24/aurora-aperture-has-a-revolutionary-drop-in-filter-system-for-mirrorless-cameras/

i have their variable nd filter, it is quite good.

wish they had more options as i am a fuji user, maybe in a few monthes.

the only downside i had is that some filters are on back orders sometimes, small company

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I was wondering when some company was going to do that.    Some time ago, I found that some adapters have a small ledge in them and in one case, found it had a circular edge that almost exactly fit the glass from 43mm filters.     I had been playing around with filters of that size to fit into the rear slot of my ancient Tamron 300 2.8 but to get it to fit, I had to file some of the metal edge off and then after realising it was about the same size as the space in one of my adapters, I filed the rest of the rim off (was just a cheap IR filter to start) and it fit very well with most lenses (some were a little long against the glass) as the depth was almost the same as the ledge depth as well as being the right size.

I started looking for an apodization filter which became my holy grail.

I stopped when my A7s camera died but have just got a cheap little Sony APSC camera so will start trying it again.

If anyone knows of any (cheap- I know, I know) apodization filter, please let me know.     I had found a few companies that did make them but not in the size I needed (some might have made me one but it would have been cheaper to buy one of the few lenses that have those filters built in and I can not afford those).

Maybe this company might start doing that? 

I have posted about this before.   This is the IR filter glass in the adapter and showing the bare ledge and a photo taken (as taken) using the filter behind my Canon 17mm TSE (a IR filter for my front filter holder would be huge and expensive for the lens otherwise).

DSC00779.JPG

DSC00782.JPG

DSC00877.jpg