Davinci resolve 15 + new MacBook Pro radeon pro Vega 20 best settings

Aquilasfx

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Not sure on the best settings, but one way to get some insight is to run the activity monitor to show you the CPU/GPU load during rendering so you can see what's going on.  

I think Resolve puts more emphasis on the GPU than CPU compared to other NLEs, and I'm pretty sure that I read somewhere that DR16 moves a lot of processing to the GPU to make this even moreso.  In which case what you're after is a maxed out GPU.  

You may also consider some third party monitoring applications that will show you CPU and GPU temperatures as well, as that will tell you if there is throttling going on, which obviously can impact things considerably.

Good luck - I'll be joining you when I get my RX 5700 card..  just waiting on Apple to release drivers, which history suggests will be a few months unfortunately.