Good vintage wide lens for use with iscorama 36

Lucian

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I am pretty sure the Isco will vignette at 25mm - at least with the Voigt 25mm. 

Check out Andrew's review of the Oly OM-D (smaller sensor as the GH2 - doesn't vignette): http://www.eoshd.com/content/8565/olympus-om-d-e-m5-review

Regarding the aesthetics - I went through the same "problem". Tried this and that. Spent a lot on lenses and sold them again.

Now I have a set of CanonFDn and the above mentioned "Russians". The Pentacon 29mm cost me €12,- and plays quite nice with them.

I also tried Zeiss-Contax and I think Canon FD are better - color and sharpness. The Zeiss for Rollei (made in W.Germany is signifcantly better then the Contax lenses). Anyway sold them all. Haven't tried Nikon so far as I am more into film now (the CineNikkor for the R10 is said to be great!).

When I have some spare time. I'll try to make some examples an upload.

To summarize, you are saying the pentacon 29mm is the best isco compatible wide lens you have found that mixes with the Russians?

Also, the EOSHD guide states the iscorama 36 can be used as wide as 25mm on m43rd sensor. Never tried anything wider than a 35mm myself, can anyone confirm if the guide is correct?

To summarize, you are saying the pentacon 29mm is the best isco compatible wide lens you have found that mixes with the Russians?

Also, the EOSHD guide states the iscorama 36 can be used as wide as 25mm on m43rd sensor. Never tried anything wider than a 35mm myself, can anyone confirm if the guide is correct?

35mm is the widest possible on sony/nikon sized aps-c sensors-its a whisker away from vignette.  25mm is going to be on the cusp of touching vignette on m4/3.  you'll need to be able to mount your iscorama so the optics are nearly touching, but you should get there by my calculations.  the good resolution of the gh2 should mean you can always crop in slightly without a terrible loss of perceived detail.