AndyCine A6 Issues? Maybe need a new one

DanielVranic

Hey everyone.

I built out my BMPCC4K exactly like this 

Only difference was that I am using an AndyCine A6 which worked perfectly with my XT3, but will not cooperate with my P4K! I will get just a solid blue screen and nothing else. As anyone ever experienced this, or have a fix? Or do I just need a new monitor?

I have my entire build done and It is super comfortable, just really useless and frustrating that my monitor won't cooperate :(

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

No, not helpful at all, it is just funny that he went from the smallest camera possible to this complicated creation.

I do use the SmallHD 5" which is excellent in my opinion. I try not to use off brands, especially with monitors and tripods.

3 hours ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

I have too, though its been a longer process. 

I dislike the a6xxx ergonomics big time. I have used the camera a few times because I had to, but it is probably my least favorite ever.

We all being there since the 5DmkII "revolution". Rigging such a camera for video work was always a big chunk of our time and our budget, and especially for a BM Pocket (the older one was even "worst", in that matter).

I wouldn't treat such a camera as a shoulder cam. It is gimbal/monopod/tripod for me, and when I need to freestyle, or impossible angles, just handheld with a stabilized lens.

Putting a camera on our shoulder was a need we had because of the size and weight of the cameras, it is a practical thing.

I could be trying this particular setup, it is very well thought and interesting, it just defeats the purpose of a "pocket"/compact video camera.