Which colour science do you like the most?

Andrew Reid

Which colour science do you like the most?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Which colour science do you like the most?

• Canon
    • Sony

On 7/18/2019 at 8:16 AM, Andrew Reid said:

Same day, same location, same natural light at same angle... Canon whipped the Sony's ass. See the JPEG from the 1D C attached as well. It was taken within seconds of the other one and same light.

Is there an Olympics for stripping (& getting dressed again) that she can enter in? Not sure how else someone can pop off two shots seconds apart with the model wearing two different costumes. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 7/18/2019 at 7:07 PM, Mattias Burling said:

I've bought many, way more than Canons. And I can get really nice looking images and colors out of them, no problem. But doing it fast, efficient and consistent compared to CaNikon, PanaOly, or even Pentax and Leica.. not so much.

PanaOly, that is a new one for me!

I sense you had a missed opportunity to create "PenLei"

1 hour ago, IronFilm said:

PanaOly, that is a new one for me!

I sense you had a missed opportunity to create "PenLei"

Panoly! :) 

Really like the Pana Lumix Color Science a lot. G6 graded is awesome, wish it had a 50mbit or 100mbit codec. From GX85 on and GH5 on footage is super easy to grade with beautiful results! Canon R in HD and CLOG has a nice image ooc with 709 conversion, but hardly any wiggle room for stronger grading. GH5 in 8bit HD 100mbit is already super strong for grading when recorded in 709. Have not graded 709 material from Canon R though.

• Administrators

The X-T3 had the most bangers in there, but must admit he seems to flatter it even more in terms of the model's better poses. Or maybe the Fuji, because it actually feels like a camera, got the best out of HIM?! ;)

16 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

Not without RSI.

To avoid that, picking up another camera instead that doesn't have broken colour would be as easy as 5 seconds.

So it's all unnecessary ball aches.

Just batch edit. 

Click click click done.

The edits are all consistent that you want to make, the same for all.

5 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

And in my experience too. It's up to the camera to set the right As Shot white balance and Hue for instance, when it comes to RAW... Otherwise, it's off to the RSI doctors for you.

I don't rarely care about WB when shooting, since everything I shoot is saved as both RAW and jpeg. The jpeg images are used for preview purposes so I can get a general idea what I need to do with a particular image, but beyond that I adjust everything in raw for final images. Things like WB and hue are irrelevant in the workflow.

1 hour ago, Mokara said:

I don't rarely care about WB when shooting, since everything I shoot is saved as both RAW and jpeg. The jpeg images are used for preview purposes so I can get a general idea what I need to do with a particular image, but beyond that I adjust everything in raw for final images. Things like WB and hue are irrelevant in the workflow.

Kind of correct but in practice not in my experience. I thought that until I had to work with 1000's of raw images that all needed white balance adjustment but different for different lighting and some not needing adjusting at all- so no select all and change in one go. If it can be engineered to be correct 100% of the time, it saves on your post time.