DJI Set to Release a New Smaller and Lighter Handheld Gimbal - Ronin SC on 17th July

androidlad

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
27 minutes ago, thephoenix said:

inception mode is new isn't it ?

Inception, you mean the 360 roll? Is an old trick and a huge "marketing" deal as I have never used that function live. 

Active tracking and locking Axis are huge differences from the S. I hope we get the active tracking by a firmware update, but the NON locking arms of the S is a pain in the ass..

In the video it says "tested payload 2Kg" which is 1.6Kg less than the S, so this is significant for some. Also do not see a P4K fit easily there for P4K owners.

I have to add here, that the design of the Ronin (splits in half when you remove the battery/grip) makes it really easy to tranfer (can fit sideways on a bigger camera backpack) anyway.

DJI just needs to make a 1" version, or even bigger m4/3 of the Osmo Pocket, or even the Osmo Action and be done with it. You are not going to walk around anymore with a big camera on a big Gimbal, at least where I live without someone getting in your butt about it.

Somebody could give me the thing and it wouldn't do me any good unless I walked abound in a 500 acre cornfield with it. It is just to much into peoples face. Not counting you look like a jackass with the Duck Walk thing.

So it doesn't suit the way you film. Great. If you're shooting live performances of bands, or short films or feature films or music videos or many other things you will be walking around with a big (or bigish) camera on a gimbal fairly regularly. I'd buy a gimbal and the camera I want to put on it any day over a gimbal with a built in camera that you can't change. 

2 hours ago, Anaconda_ said:

So it doesn't suit the way you film. Great. If you're shooting live performances of bands, or short films or feature films or music videos or many other things you will be walking around with a big (or bigish) camera on a gimbal fairly regularly. I'd buy a gimbal and the camera I want to put on it any day over a gimbal with a built in camera that you can't change. 

Sure if you are getting paid for a job you can use a Helicopter with a guy yelling in a Bull Horn and get away with it. 98% of the people on here don't make a dime doing this stuff.

3 hours ago, webrunner5 said:

DJI just needs to make a 1" version, or even bigger m4/3 of the Osmo Pocket, or even the Osmo Action and be done with it. You are not going to walk around anymore with a big camera on a big Gimbal, at least where I live without someone getting in your butt about it.

They have a Osmo for the X5 camera. But there are better options when its not on a drone - probably because X5 storage prices are insane, so it doesn't seem many are using it.

I walk around with my a73 on a gimbal all the time, people look your way and then go on with their lives, its never an issue - but I don't live in a small town in the midwest.

I find this exciting after lugging around the Ronin S over the last couple months. I'll be buying the SC in Sept after I wrap a few shoots.

Chris

I will buy this. Or th moza aircross 2 if it ever comes out. THe ronin s is tooo heavy. 

Hey anyone here used to use balance gimbals like the glidecam?  I'm convinced that there is scope for a hybrid where the pan axis is just on a bearing. I used to get smoother slow moves with my blackbird.  The organic tail off of the spin is very hard to achieve on a powered gimbal. Currently whilst moving any wrist movements can slow or speed up a pan, whereas on the old school ones a pan would slow down no matter what your wrist is doing.   The other thing is that the joint on the old styley effectively removed some of the walk bounce.