Panasonic S1 V-LOG -- New image quality king of the hill

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Hey some advice please with my IS on my S1 - here it is snatching at 13 secs. My feet are planted on the floor - just my arms moving. I have the S1 and the kit lens in dual mode ( not IS Boost ). With the latest firmware for lens and camera - do you think this is my technique or the camera having issues ?  Thanks

https://vimeo.com/manage/359469997/general

3 hours ago, Dick Sweeney said:

Hey some advice please with my IS on my S1 - here it is snatching at 13 secs. My feet are planted on the floor - just my arms moving. I have the S1 and the kit lens in dual mode ( not IS Boost ). With the latest firmware for lens and camera - do you think this is my technique or the camera having issues ?  Thanks

https://vimeo.com/manage/359469997/general

hard to watch without beeing allowed to ;)

On 9/17/2019 at 1:51 PM, abehalpert said:

Can anyone confirm what I see in the DPReview IQ comparison tool - that the Panasonic S1 suffers from bad moire in HD resolution, whereas it looks great in 4K?

Would you able provide link to Dpreview IQ 

Now about Moire i didn't  noticed any honestly ? 

13 hours ago, Vision said:

Would you able provide link to Dpreview IQ 

Now about Moire i didn't  noticed any honestly ? 

Here it is: https://***URL removed***/reviews/image-comparison/fullscreen?attr29_0=panasonic_dcs1&attr29_1=panasonic_dcs1&attr72_0=4k&attr72_1=1080&normalization=full&widget=691&x=-0.08419793901662723&y=-0.3207147516225125

Basically the 4K looks great (especially for having no OLPF) but the HD looks like moire city.

2 hours ago, abehalpert said:

is this comparison before or after fw update? 

7 hours ago, abehalpert said:

Probably before - the review is dated June 25 and I doubt they updated the images with the new firmware.

That explains everything my unit is updated and honestly i cant see any moire in 1080p i will wait for vlog card to arrive so i can test it in 10bit as well.

10 hours ago, Vision said:

That explains everything my unit is updated and honestly i cant see any moire in 1080p i will wait for vlog card to arrive so i can test it in 10bit as well.

Phew! I'm gonna get it. Here's hoping they fix the blue clipping in v-log! (And also give us manual exposure control in HFR...)

On 9/19/2019 at 1:30 PM, Vision said:

Don’t have my S1 in front of me but I’m pretty sure it doesn’t have 10-bit available in 1080p which was a big disappointment for me as 10-bit 4k h.264 doesn’t edit well in my MacBook. 

Hoping S1H doesn’t have this limitation. 

4 hours ago, Patrick B. said:

Don’t have my S1 in front of me but I’m pretty sure it doesn’t have 10-bit available in 1080p which was a big disappointment for me as 10-bit 4k h.264 doesn’t edit well in my MacBook. 

Hoping S1H doesn’t have this limitation. 

Until you get the vlog upgrade right?