Where is the Love? GH2 dead?

abc123kazu

Hi everybody,

To sell or not to sell? that is s the question.

i've noticed the drastic decline (or you can say almost now non-existing) love for GH2 on EOSHD the past year.

It seems that Andrew really is no longer talking about it either.

I have been shooting on GH2 for my personal work, and small jobs which has become a lot less lately due to my schedule.

I do own a 5d mkiii but it's original purpose has been for photography and the CF card prices and hassle of post production hasn't justified for me to start shooting in the format despite its low costs.

At my workplace or higher budget projects we have several RED Epics i have access to but it's not a camera you can always carry around with you.

Now the question is:

-GH2 Hack vs GH3.

I see a lot of people raving about the GH3 but is it better than a hacked GH2?

-since i own several MFT lenses, should i goto a BMCC?

-or sell the entire GH2 and MFT system and get everything to get the 5DMKIII running RAW

Thanks ahead

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

agreed. id get rid of the gh2 if i was going for a G6. i really havent done much serious work on my gh2. just was wondering if it was worth for me to keep both the gh2 and 5dmkiii at this point.

getting rid of the mkiii and my canon lenses is not an option as i use it a lot more frequently on photographic jobs.

I do own a 5d mkiii but it's original purpose has been for photography and the CF card prices and hassle of post production hasn't justified for me to start shooting in the format despite its low costs.

Now the question is:

-GH2 Hack vs GH3.

I see a lot of people raving about the GH3 but is it better than a hacked GH2?

-since i own several MFT lenses, should i goto a BMCC?

-or sell the entire GH2 and MFT system and get everything to get the 5DMKIII running RAW

Thanks ahead

You're talking as though 5D MKiii only does raw video. The all-I H264 is good too though... If you wanna go crazy, borrow one of those epics ;)

I was quite tempted to the G6 with speedbooster, though all the footage I've seen looks a bit 'camcordery' so far. Personal taste...

Why not just use the 5D iii in video mode with ML, not the raw mode?

I was quite tempted to the G6 with speedbooster, though all the footage I've seen looks a bit 'camcordery' so far. Personal taste...

I think that is a MFT thing as unless you have some very wide aperture lens (not the 14-42mm kit lens) you won't get the shallow DoF of the Canon DSLRs. The increased resolution of the GH2/GH3/G6 compared to a Canon DSLR is also a reason why it looks like camcorder video. The softness of the Canon image is actually very flattering for head shots especially at F/2.8 or more.