Sigma FP

JurijTurnsek

6 minutes ago, mercer said:

Just curious... do you use a lot of slow motion in your films?

i do. i see your point coming.

But it seem that the camera is not gonna be cheap and what i want today is a camera that is versatile, that can do 60fps as well as 23.978, that can do 4k at all these fps because it is really handy beeing able to crop in post if needed.

why put such money in a camera that cannot do so many thing ? you might need it someday and this day you're gonna say "crap this sh.t camera can't do it"

raw is fine, 8bit, ok sorry but no go. i would need at least raw dng in 10 bit at all fps to be interrested.

from what i see this camera is definitively not for me, i'd rather buy a cheap black magic micro.

to me it's kinda anachronic.

i hope sigma proves me wrong and maybe the sensor will give us the most beautifull image, why not dreaming. but i doubt it

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
3 minutes ago, thephoenix said:

i do. i see your point coming.

But it seem that the camera is not gonna be cheap and what i want today is a camera that is versatile, that can do 60fps as well as 23.978, that can do 4k at all these fps because it is really handy beeing able to crop in post if needed.

why put such money in a camera that cannot do so many thing ? you might need it someday and this day you're gonna say "crap this sh.t camera can't do it"

raw is fine, 8bit, ok sorry but no go. i would need at least raw dng in 10 bit at all fps to be interrested.

from what i see this camera is definitively not for me, i'd rather buy a cheap black magic micro.

to me it's kinda anachronic.

i hope sigma proves me wrong and maybe the sensor will give us the most beautifull image, why not dreaming. but i doubt it

No point, really. Just curious. I use a little slow motion, mostly on close ups, so although 4K 60p is cool and definitely helpful, it’s not a dealbreaker for me. But as I’ve said a thousand times... everybody has different needs. 

On a different note, I recommend the Micro. It’s an awesome little camera and you seem to be a pretty good colorist, so you can probably make it sing.

I’m hoping the FP comes in at a reasonable price but I think it will be too rich for my blood... for what it is.

Once these cameras reach a certain price point, I often feel I’d be better off saving up for something in the mid-tier, specifically designed for cinema.

60fps is really handy when you shoot handheld and non stab like i do most of the time. also helps naratively somtimes for sure, it slows thing and the viewer can take his time to watch.

so i like having tools that can do more than one thing. the micro is tempting for sure, but the bmpcc6k is really tempting too at the moment ;)

1 hour ago, thephoenix said:

60fps is really handy when you shoot handheld and non stab like i do most of the time. also helps naratively somtimes for sure, it slows thing and the viewer can take his time to watch.

so i like having tools that can do more than one thing. the micro is tempting for sure, but the bmpcc6k is really tempting too at the moment ;)

Or the P4K for even less money! or not?

This Sigma seems impressive to me, the body looks tiny and bigger bodies do less. It is an interesting proposition for sure. I will be waiting for the pricing and some samples, but it will be the most successful Sigma camera for sure, which says a lot!

The creator said in the interview that is basically a photo camera with added video features, it is still more photo than video if that says anything to anyone.

10 hours ago, Kisaha said:

it will be the most successful Sigma camera for sure, which says a lot!

as you seem to see what's the future will be can you tell me the next lottery numbers ?

you don't know much about the camera and you allready know it's gonna be a success, well you seem to know far much than we know then.

11 hours ago, Kisaha said:

Or the P4K for even less money! or not?

i prefer s35 and 6k is convenient, even better in low light.

11 hours ago, Kisaha said:

This Sigma seems impressive to me, the body looks tiny and bigger bodies do less.

i prefer big cameras as they are more steady. too small and or too light isn't good for me. i shot my entire life with ff film cameras or medium format cameras so even my xt3 seems so tiny to me.

1 minute ago, Oliver Daniel said:

This camera looks massively underwhelming to me and I can't see many people buying it. 

Could anyone tell me why it's exciting? 

Probably a pretty niche camera. It will do 10/12 bit CDNG 4k up to 60p externally full frame. That is pretty neat for the price. 

Wondering if the full frame 4k 60p internal is cropped. Also I bet this thing will overheat. 

25 minutes ago, KnightsFan said:

I think that is not correct. I think it means it has 4k and hd, and up to 120 fps in hd. If it did 4k120 that would be headlining everything. back when we had a video of the menu system, 4k only went up to 30.

Yeah its most likely poor writing

pretty underwhelming if that is the case

10 minutes ago, Anaconda_ said:

What price?

I've only heard it's 24p external and internal.

not sure, though if it did 4k 60p raw full frame, whatever they charge would be a good price haha. 

14 minutes ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

Yeah its most likely poor writing

pretty underwhelming if that is the case

I agree. I read that C5D article when it came out and noticed that sentence as well, but since it was not mentioned in the video interview, and there wasn't a paragraph dedicated to it as a generational breakthrough in FF video specs--in a tiny camera body, made by a lens company--I assumed it was poor phrasing. It's always a good idea to include sources when talking about specs that seem too good to be true, we don't want anyone to happen on this thread from a casual google search and think that we are sure it has 4k60 or 120 because we read a poorly worded sentence somewhere.