Sigma FP

JurijTurnsek

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Super Members
50 minutes ago, Sid said:

Looks fantastic, but will it be prone to overheating for continuous video shooting ?

Sigma were making an issue about the new cooling system so hopefully it won't but time will tell.

D_LdjAAUYAASeXk.thumb.jpeg.e9983347778b13e35135c26227194714.jpegbe.

37 minutes ago, RWR said:

What is the track record of their prior cameras?

Sigma's prior cameras have been photo-only Foveon cameras. They are pretty much the only cameras out there that don't use a CFA. The images always looked good to me, but have always been sort of a special purpose/novelty product. I always wanted one, but the SA mount put me off. I am looking forward to Sigma's Foveon cameras in L mount next year, as well as this new FP.

• Administrators
22 minutes ago, ntblowz said:

according the C5D and Sigma website this camera record 12bit CinemaDNG internally 

Looks like my packs of Sandisk 300MB SD Cards suddenly find a better use!

51c526baf20838ab833a24e398e823052d661fed671f67e4248f34c1401ee4ea.png

Well that's going to put the cat amongst the pigeons.

• Super Members

They have certainly muddied the waters over what the actual spec is.

However.....this caught my eye in the press release 

1118693765_ScreenShot2019-07-11at22_33_20.png.e5306f7c2e3396279a15517d40bd36a9.png

Logically, this would kind of suggest that it can record CinemaDNG internally but that playback will come at a later date.

But I think its more likely that its relating to playing them back off an external USB-C SSD as I strongly suspect "external recording" refers to that type of "recording" medium rather than the sort of recorders that it would normally mean as I think these references to the external recorders in the spec are a bit of a red herring as neither of these recorders can do CinemaDNG anyway. The "compatibility" with those types of recorder such as it is might actually just refer to HDMI record trigger.

1967109172_ScreenShot2019-07-11at22_38_28.png.7a16fbb37c39ab132048d425ad2b708a.png

//// EDIT ////

Found it in a video someone did at the presentation so it does look like the external HDMI recorders thing is a red herring. 

979747693_ScreenShot2019-07-11at22_56_26.png.48937f9fdb02fd29704397cad0c07b7f.png

//// EDIT 2 ////

Actually, that video is an interesting watch anyway but particularly from the point I've linked it from here  to see the removable strap holder system that then lets you attach accessories instead and also how they are making the 3D models of the shell available on their website for people to build their own rigs and accessories around.

In fact, I loved the completely outside of the box thinking of this camera, like the Z-Cams: the body only contains the basics, and you choose how to configure the grips and accessories. Ok, Z-Cam and Blackmagic have small cameras like this, but it is a first for a hybrid (although we have to see the stills performance).

You want a very small camera for a jacket pocket? Done. Need a bigger grip, to use with heavier lenses? There will be 2 available. And with no upper cameras to protect, looks like they go berserk with the specs.

And last, the thing is DAMN PRETTY, reminded me the Agfa Optima Sensor.

5476052582_88291c5a1f.jpg

5 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

They have certainly muddied the waters over what the actual spec is.

However.....this caught my eye in the press release 

1118693765_ScreenShot2019-07-11at22_33_20.png.e5306f7c2e3396279a15517d40bd36a9.png

Logically, this would kind of suggest that it can record CinemaDNG internally but that playback will come at a later date.

But I think its more likely that its relating to playing them back off an external USB-C SSD as I strongly suspect "external recording" refers to that type of "recording" medium rather than the sort of recorders that it would normally mean as I think these references to the external recorders in the spec are a bit of a red herring as neither of these recorders can do CinemaDNG anyway. The "compatibility" with those types of recorder such as it is might actually just refer to HDMI record trigger.

1967109172_ScreenShot2019-07-11at22_38_28.png.7a16fbb37c39ab132048d425ad2b708a.png

//// EDIT 2 ////

Found it in a video someone did at the presentation so it does look like the external HDMI recorders thing is a red herring. 

979747693_ScreenShot2019-07-11at22_56_26.png.48937f9fdb02fd29704397cad0c07b7f.png

External recorder via HDMI or/and SSD recording mounted on USB-C?

10 hours ago, androidlad said:

It uses IMX410, just like Z6/S1/Zcam F6

Due to the removal of a mechanical shutter, flash sync speed is an appalling 1/30s.

ISO 6 is achieved by in-camera 16-frame stacking.

Do you know if there is likely to be a gap in-between the exposures when it's stacking the 16 frames?  Ie, can it do a full 360degree shutter.

If you have a subject with motion blur then you don't want there to be gaps throughout the blur.  This would be especially obvious with light-trails of headlights etc.

7 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

//// EDIT 2 ////

Actually, that video is an interesting watch anyway but particularly from the point I've linked it from here  to see the removable strap holder system that then lets you attach accessories instead and also how they are making the 3D models of the shell available on their website for people to build their own rigs and accessories around.

The 3D models thing is super-cool.  The problem with modular cameras is that the modules are flexible but sacrifice overall size compared to integrated designs.  Being able to 3D-print an accessory and not having to adhere to the standard sizes for mounts, mount adapters, and the like would be great.

2 hours ago, kye said:

Do you know if there is likely to be a gap in-between the exposures when it's stacking the 16 frames?  Ie, can it do a full 360degree shutter.

If you have a subject with motion blur then you don't want there to be gaps throughout the blur.  This would be especially obvious with light-trails of headlights etc.

The 3D models thing is super-cool.  The problem with modular cameras is that the modules are flexible but sacrifice overall size compared to integrated designs.  Being able to 3D-print an accessory and not having to adhere to the standard sizes for mounts, mount adapters, and the like would be great.

ISO6 is intended for landscape photography.