New Monitor 32" 4K

bigp

On 7/6/2019 at 10:38 PM, Coiii said:

Second this. Good option in your price range once calibrated.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
2 hours ago, Adam Kuźniar said:

Of course! I don't mean scaling by changing the native resolution, I mean using Windows scale feature to scale the UI. You get the full benefits of working with native 4k screen while not having to use a magnifying glass to see the UI. 

This is exactly what scaling is, a digital magnifying glass. You practically "zoom in" because the monitor is too small for its resolution and you can't see a thing..how are you getting the "full benefit" when you have to zoom in and out accordingly? Even in my 27" 1440 monitors I "zoom in" daily, I tried 27" 4K before and it was a nightmare, I had to re-adjust constantly.

Anyways, as I said is a personal choice and preference. I just wanted to make clear to people that have never worked with a 4K 27" monitor that it is not just a 27" monitor - that can afford - with bonus the 4K resolution. It can affect their workflow greatly. Mine right now is 2 X 27" 1440 monitors, a 43" TV and an 55" OLED (just for reference of the exported product) and I will add an 4K 31+ inches soon.

9 minutes ago, Kisaha said:

This is exactly what scaling is, a digital magnifying glass. You practically "zoom in" because the monitor is too small for its resolution and you can't see a thing..how are you getting the "full benefit" when you have to zoom in and out accordingly? Even in my 27" 1440 monitors I "zoom in" daily, I tried 27" 4K before and it was a nightmare, I had to re-adjust constantly.

Wait.. what? I don't think you understand. No, you don't zoom in the whole image (that's what changing resolution would do), you only scale up the UI (by changing DPI), without touching anything else. You don't have to zoom in and out constantly lol, you just set it to 150% and forget it. You can even individually scale different monitors, so that the UI size remains the same no matter if you're on a 4k or 1440p screen.

Just try it yourself man 

53 minutes ago, Adam Kuźniar said:

Wait.. what? I don't think you understand. No, you don't zoom in the whole image (that's what changing resolution would do), you only scale up the UI (by changing DPI), without touching anything else. You don't have to zoom in and out constantly lol, you just set it to 150% and forget it. You can even individually scale different monitors, so that the UI size remains the same no matter if you're on a 4k or 1440p screen.

Just try it yourself man 

Yeah, I know, I am using Premiere since the SCSI era and windows since DOS 3.0 having a degree in multimedia computing and programming (another one in sound engineering and a BA Hons in Film and Video).

So if you are using it on 150%, don't you have it 50% more than the original 100%? And what if I want it differently on different occassions or even different sites?

Just stay with your workflow, I will stay with mine..

8 hours ago, Kisaha said:

Yeah, I know, I am using Premiere since the SCSI era and windows since DOS 3.0 having a degree in multimedia computing and programming (another one in sound engineering and a BA Hons in Film and Video).

So if you are using it on 150%, don't you have it 50% more than the original 100%? And what if I want it differently on different occassions or even different sites?

Just stay with your workflow, I will stay with mine..

Umm Adam is right. It does not change image quality or other aspects. All it does increase text size and UI to make it easier to read.

1 hour ago, Geoff CB said:

Umm Adam is right. It does not change image quality or other aspects. All it does increase text size and UI to make it easier to read.

That is all I am saying since the beginning. One have to increase text size and UI quite a lot - depending the workflow, so you have to make changes, while on a bigger screen you do not.

I am not sure about the misconception here but clearly I do find the sweet spot for a 27" media creation monitor the 1440 resolution and for 4K I will go to a bigger one, maybe the LG 32UD99.

I am saying the exactly same thing for 5 posts now and I never mentioned image quality or any other aspects.

The title of this thread is "New Monitor 32" 4K" in case you haven't scale appropriately your 27" 4K monitors.

A 27" screen is a 27" screen, irrespective of the resolution. If you want text to be a certain size, just adjust the scaling. 200% text on a 4K screen is exactly the same size as 100% text on a 1080p panel of the same dimensions. The only difference is the 4K panel will be sharper and less pixelated.

Images themselves will be smaller since the resolution is higher, but you can change the preview size in Premier. 100% is not going to fit in the preview screen no matter what panel you have (unless you are shooting SD or something like that). 

Thanks for the advice... was going for that Viewsonic but went for a 32"... I went a bit over my budget but reckon it will be worth it:

https://www.benq.com/en-us/monitor-backup/designer/pd3200u.html

My new PC on the way as well Ryzen 7 with Vega 56 8G card so should be a nice setup.... Now to get my head around Windows after years of using Apple OS.

Cheers

P