New Monitor 32" 4K

bigp

Just moving from an older iMac to PC ... sort of dreading going over to Windows but giving it a go. On the hunt for a nice monitor under €500... 4k 32" would be nice... Any recommendations?

Thanks

Padraig

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I am in the market for a similar one, but for 999$.

I thought I was set for an LG 32UD99, but I am looking for something bit better and not that much more expensive. Now this monitor is getting older, so maybe a good value for your money.

I use an LG 32UD89 right now and I can tell you that it's a good monitor. It has some light bleed, but it can be seen only in the dark. Before that I had an Samsung U32H850 with a VA panel with quantum dots. A VA panel of 32"in front of you is not a good idea, the color shift even when you move the head just a few inches. And the quantum dots just make some colors (red, green) very bright. For editing this is not ok at all. I send back the Samsung and get the LG.

Man, I'm in the process of researching new 4k 27inch screen for myself and my conclusion is: there are way too many models and each one of them has something wrong with them. Not missing, wrong. One is a TN panel, other has IPS Glow, next one suffers from backlight bleed, and the one after that loses color accuracy after a week of use. 

Currently I settled on LG 27UK650-W which supposedly is almost perfect. 

1 hour ago, Adam Kuźniar said:

Man, I'm in the process of researching new 4k 27inch screen for myself and my conclusion is: there are way too many models and each one of them has something wrong with them. Not missing, wrong. One is a TN panel, other has IPS Glow, next one suffers from backlight bleed, and the one after that loses color accuracy after a week of use. 

Currently I settled on LG 27UK650-W which supposedly is almost perfect. 

TN and VA are automatically excluded from our search.

IPS glow and backlight bleed has to be judged per monitor, and not per model. Even similar serial numbers can be totally different in performance.

Are you sure you want 4K resolution on a 27" screen? Have you ever worked with such a configuration? For me the 27" monitors max at 1440.

LG and Philips are doing great the last few years.

1 minute ago, webrunner5 said:

Kisaha is right, you can not do 4K on a 27" monitor. It is Crazy small. It won't scale worth using. Like he said, 2K max.

How so? I enjoy my 5.5" HD phone screen. 27" is much more than 4x the size. I'm not looking to see every pixel all the time.

Even on my 27" 1440 monitors I zoom in on occasion!

Seriously people, try the 4K resolution on a 27" before you buy.

Usually these are gaming monitors, for the best of the best of GPU's (4 digit prices) which is great, but try using Premiere/Resolve on these and it can drive you mad!

The opposite is true also, a 27" 1080 monitor is not worth it at all. Also, good for gamers because they can have no lag and too much frames for lesser GPU's.

Anyways, it is your choice. I wanted another 27" 18 months ago and after a lot of research I got another 1440 but with USB C and all the connections as a hub, waiting for 4K tech to catch up.

Now I am going 31-34" for a 4K one, throwing out my old PLS one (amazing Samsung panel, by the way) and keeping the newer 27" as a hub and whatnot.

Checking this one also, maybe out of my price range and weird-everything.

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/lg/34wk95u-w

On 7/6/2019 at 12:42 AM, Kisaha said:

Are you sure you want 4K resolution on a 27" screen? Have you ever worked with such a configuration? For me the 27" monitors max at 1440.

On 7/6/2019 at 4:13 AM, webrunner5 said:

Kisaha is right, you can not do 4K on a 27" monitor. It is Crazy small. It won't scale worth using. Like he said, 2K max. You would have to be 12 years old to read 4K on it.

Yeah, I have one at work and it's the perfect size. You guys know you can scale in Windows? 150% scale is the best and there are 0 issues with that.

On 7/5/2019 at 7:13 PM, webrunner5 said:

Kisaha is right, you can not do 4K on a 27" monitor. It is Crazy small. It won't scale worth using. Like he said, 2K max. You would have to be 12 years old to read 4K on it.

I have a 27" 4K monitor on my second computer, it scales fine.

Yeah when you scale it up that high that is not Real resolution, Not native. My Monitor basically has just One native resolution whether I like it or not. Hey I scale up stuff myself because I am 72 years old with a gimpy eye. But that is not a real 2K what the monitor is rated at. And I still can hardly see it without a Windows, not the monitor, gimmick being used on it. I scale it @ 133% and it is a 2K monitor, 30" sIPS.

4 hours ago, Adam Kuźniar said:

Yeah, I have one at work and it's the perfect size. You guys know you can scale in Windows? 150% scale is the best and there are 0 issues with that.

Scaling would be for UI only, right? You could still watch native, unscaled UHD content but have 150% UI, correct?

3 hours ago, KnightsFan said:

Scaling would be for UI only, right? You could still watch native, unscaled UHD content but have 150% UI, correct?

Hmm interesting. Have to think about that lol. Yeah it would appear you are right it looks like.

16 hours ago, KnightsFan said:

13 hours ago, webrunner5 said:

Hmm interesting. Have to think about that lol. Yeah it would appear you are right it looks like.

Of course! I don't mean scaling by changing the native resolution, I mean using Windows scale feature to scale the UI. You get the full benefits of working with native 4k screen while not having to use a magnifying glass to see the UI.