ENTRY VIDEOS: Find the best video quality for under $200 - fun EOSHD Challenge

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
2 hours ago, leslie said:

Here's my submission, resolve gave me lots of trouble kept falling over but i think i have it sorted now. Been a real learning curve and i probably wouldn't have learnt as much if i hadn't needed to finish the video, so thanks for the challenge ☺️

2 hours ago, webrunner5 said:

hmm, link failed?

https://vimeo.com/user22673781/review/352088562/206b5e0b26

@leslie @webrunner5 try this guys: vimeo.com/352088562 :)

I'm submitting this 50 mins after the deadline, I don't know if I'm in or if I'm out... Damn, I know that this thread has been open since around a month, but didn't had time, didn't thought on participate, and last week I thought about it and said "let's give it a try".. unfortunately didn't had any time, and just today I was able to sit in front of the computer to edit.. so sorry for the quality, I tried to do the best I could on the image part but didn't even had time to normalize and do something with the audio ?‍♂️

I hope it's good enough. The camera used can be bought used from $124 very used, and all the way up to $200 in mint condition.

I aded a BONUS SHOTS part where I put some unrelated and random shots with different lighting conditions to see how the camera performs on those situations.

Here is the link, it's still uploading:

well thats inaugural (is inaugural the right word ? ) round one, done and dusted. I think the reveals will be interesting. I also cant help but think that the idea of losing a camera may of put alot of people off, statistics say there's 29606 registered members, pretty sure the submissions don't quite tally up too that. Which is a bit of a disappointment. Personally i learned alot about myself and resolve and associated video stuff with this competition and it was interesting to see other peoples submissions and how they tackled it. Looking forward to the next challenge although next time if i may suggest lets not make it about losing anything.  

Bit of a 'US racing' philosophy where they race eachother for 'pink slips' (car ownership titles). Bit harsh. Though I doubt the winner of the public vote would actually be eager taking the last placed's camera away from 'em. Believe Andrew also mentioned you can enter for the Judge's vote alone and not risking losing the camera ($200 value possibly). ?

If I can remove the risk of losing the camera then I'm happy to have my entry for the jury vote alone. Even if I did happen to win I wouldn't want to take the camera off the person who came last!  It's going to be interesting to read when the cameras are revealed.

2 hours ago, anax276 said:

OK, I‘ll do it.

But: Seeing the masterpieces you guys submitted I’m seriously afraid to lose my camera (it’s old and cheap and partly broken but I’m somehow fond of it), so I’m entering only for the jury prize... ?‍♂️

Shot only with a camera and a rather old lens. No grading.

Here it is:

Where ever you live looks like a wonderful place to live. Well done.

6 hours ago, anax276 said:

OK, I‘ll do it.

But: Seeing the masterpieces you guys submitted I’m seriously afraid to lose my camera (it’s old and cheap and partly broken but I’m somehow fond of it), so I’m entering only for the jury prize... ?‍♂️

Shot only with a camera and a rather old lens. No grading.

Here it is:

That does look idyllic. very picturesque. i liked the sunstar. I was googling at how to do sunstars this morning , lo and behold one turns up in your video. from what i learnt i'm guessing you have a canon tele lens or leica maybe. the reveal will be interesting

I always enjoy the 'Pro Photographer Cheap Camera Challenge' videos on YouTube.

Next up, it would perhaps be interesting to see what videographers can come up with being restricted to just using a smartphone. Just... maybe not like the way they used a Nokia PureView that one time to shoot that Olive short (8 years ago mind you)...

I mean. Hardly a realistic use case scenario for a smartphone. xD

This very topic and its entries are already promising and deliver on the idea that it's more about the person behind the camera and what they're pointing at in front of it. Nice going.