ENTRY VIDEOS: Find the best video quality for under $200 - fun EOSHD Challenge

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
5 hours ago, heart0less said:

@aaa123jc, wow, these colors look amazing! Remind me of a GHAlex, no kidding.

Looks like you had a ton of fun and that's the most important thing. 

Thanks. Maybe it's just nostalgic but I really like this camera even though it lacks tons of features that I can't live without ?. It reminds me of my very first camera and the first video my friends and I made back at 2006. Oh the good old days when 720P was considered as cutting edge technology ?

4 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

Indeed! I saw what has been happening in HK. STAY SAFE and prosper... You have all of our support for your gem of a city. I have been to Hong Kong before and found it really inspired me creatively, I loved its independent spirit. You made something good out of the dark weekend regardless :) The colours and dynamic range came out incredibly well. Is it a 4K cam or just 1080?

Thank you.

I nearly got assaulted. Thank god I went home 15 mins earlier that night! And my girlfriend decided she was going to be lazy that night and not walk the dogs. One of the victims was attacked at the place we usually walk our dogs ?.

The camera is just 1080P. I tried to shoot for more dynamic range but it is no match for our modern cameras. But the colour rendition is surprisingly good ?

On 7/15/2019 at 7:20 AM, mrjim said:

Really like the look of this one. The look is nostalgic and seems as though it was shot using B4 Lenses or C Mount Lens. Good work!
(Just hope the GH2 wasn't used to make this, otherwise I might add this camera to my shopping cart). 

Got lucky with the weather yesterday out filming my piece! Definitely a challenge using my chosen camera body and was wary of it's pitfalls. 

In keeping with the rules, I'm not revealing my choice but the only thing I will say is that I use the latest version of this model in my professional work and boy do we have it lucky now!! The technology has definitely moved on considerably in a relatively short period of time.

Looking forward to the results from the judging phase!

2 hours ago, Framed_By_Dan said:

Nice! This as well as other contributions for me is proof enough that what‘s in front of the camera and who‘s behind it still matters more than bitrate, bit depth and resolution. I bet you‘d have happy clients even when this was your only tool available. Good job!

7 hours ago, ZEEK said:

Really like the look of this one. The look is nostalgic and seems as though it was shot using B4 Lenses or C Mount Lens. Good work!
(Just hope the GH2 wasn't used to make this, otherwise I might add this camera to my shopping cart). 

Thank you ZEEK. I'm bound to not provide any hint of the camera used right now,  but your comments are encouraging and appreciated. I can tell you that the camera I used can be quite cheaply bought used on ebay, and it will be interesting to read any reactions when it is revealed. 

5 hours ago, Framed_By_Dan said:

Got lucky with the weather yesterday out filming my piece! Definitely a challenge using my chosen camera body and was wary of it's pitfalls. 

In keeping with the rules, I'm not revealing my choice but the only thing I will say is that I use the latest version of this model in my professional work and boy do we have it lucky now!! The technology has definitely moved on considerably in a relatively short period of time.

Looking forward to the results from the judging phase!

Very nicely observed and filmed. It will be interesting to see what the set up is here.

Hello EOSHD community! I must admit that although I follow your website on a daily basis, Andrew, I haven't really commented or posted much on these forums. Regardless, a big thank you for all the honest, passionate, critical, informative and damned funny content you've shared over the years! In any case, here is my offering, for what it's worth. This was a great little project to focus the mind and soul!

On 7/24/2019 at 8:02 AM, Andrew Reid said:

I think I may extend it a few days, not too long, but people who were first to post their videos, definitely have bonus points in my eyes.

by all means please extend it. i had a pipe burst in the house a few days ago. no pun intended but its certainly put a damper on things. maybe i should do a documentary and submit it lol

6 hours ago, ZEEK said:

I guess the story exceeds the resolution :) Nice one! @theraywong.

Thanks ZEEK! What story, though? I don't know what you're talking about...this isn't a storytelling competition, it's in the rules. ;) 

8 hours ago, webrunner5 said:

That is really good. Grats.

Thanks webrunner5. I've noticed you've chipped in some choice comments/quips from time to time, so your compliment is much appreciated.