ENTRY VIDEOS: Find the best video quality for under $200 - fun EOSHD Challenge

Andrew Reid

Thanks, everyone!

Did I cause a chain reaction? I hope so, haha!

Amazing video, kye!
Nice vibe, I felt like sitting in a pub, listening to live music and remembering those good, old, sunny days.
Really like the contrasty (yet not clipped!), black and white look.

2 hours ago, leslie said:

as an aside i think its interesting how slower piece of music or slower beat perhaps seems to draw out the moment but that could be just me

The tune is the main reason for the length of this video, hahaha.

Originally, I made a cut with no background music that lasted ~ 1 minute and it featured 4 - 5 more clips. But then I started looking for a proper soundtrack and when I found this Zoe Keating's piece, I couldn't think of using anything else.
So I just ditched out the shots I didn't entirely love and left the whole video at 0:42 seconds.

4 hours ago, Emanuel said:

What setup? That is, if the rules allow to unveil it... LOL : -)

Nice try! ?

I'm not letting the cat out of the bag, yet!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I was mucking around with camera #3 but now it won't turn on...  Turning up my nose at the idea of "fixed lens" I'd almost cut away enough of the lens mount casing to get the right flange distance.  I'd even been super careful to plug up the sensor so it didn't get metal filings in it and everything!  I think I must have knocked something with the side-cutters.

27 minutes ago, BTM_Pix said:

I certainly think there should be some sort of "Dedication To The Spirit Of The Competition" award for someone who takes a hacksaw and pliers to the camera to try and improve it!

Sure sounds like he is playing with a M42 camera mount. Hmm thinking.....

Hahaha...  the mystery of the dead camera!!

I tried it again and still no joy, and I don't have the stupid obscure-shaped screwdriver to take it apart.  I think I might have cracked a circuit board trying to screw the new lens into the mangled plastic of the old mount.

24 minutes ago, BTM_Pix said:

Have you not got one of these universal precision screwdriver kits ?

hammer.jpg.8d14e62b1b737493afc87fd94cef1ab9.jpg

I do, but that's not what I was using.  I think the tools I was using weren't precision enough...

27 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

Oh, a Barbie Cam!!

Lol..  not quite.  

While strictly not a cinema camera, it has been used in quite a number of Hollywood films, and the lens I was trying to attach to it is a genuine cine lens.

Its actually a bit of a pity because I haven't seen anyone do it before and I have been wondering what this combo would be like for some time now, and kind of used this competition as an excuse to break things apart and give it a go.  

1 hour ago, kye said:

I do, but that's not what I was using.  I think the tools I was using weren't precision enough...

Lol..  not quite.  

While strictly not a cinema camera, it has been used in quite a number of Hollywood films, and the lens I was trying to attach to it is a genuine cine lens.

Its actually a bit of a pity because I haven't seen anyone do it before and I have been wondering what this combo would be like for some time now, and kind of used this competition as an excuse to break things apart and give it a go.  

now we are all intrigued ?

On 7/4/2019 at 2:32 AM, webrunner5 said:

No andromeda hack unfortunately. Bought a FS700R instead now! :)

Trying to figure out the Raw out options, which are not to be found in the menu just yet. But that should calm my GAS for a DVX100 Andromeda, which might never again to be found on the webs againg:)

• Super Members

I got quite nostalgic there seeing those vintage cars as I regularly went on Sunday trips to the beach in one of those as a child. Sadly, it was the Ford Anglia and not the E Type Jag !

Got to admire a man with the self assurance to still be able to dole out a suspicious "what on earth are you up to?" look at someone else when he's the one casually taking his Dalek for a walk.

140720367_ScreenShot2019-07-14at23_48_05.thumb.png.b4b4491f6d823a833f067b5701d3dd11.png

1 hour ago, mrjim said:

Well, I haven't posted on EOSHD for ages, but when I saw this competition I thought that sounds fun. I dropped by on Bexhill-on-Sea on the South Coast yesterday on my way to somewhere else, and shot this footage over an hour or two.  No grading, straight out of camera. Manual settings (although fairly limited choice that's all I'll say). Edited on my laptop this evening. I bought the used camera on ebay for £133. I'm not sure if this is the sort of thing you're looking for Andrew.  As long as I don't come last.

Great work!  

43 minutes ago, BTM_Pix said:

Got to admire a man with the self assurance to still be able to dole out a suspicious "what on earth are you up to?" look at someone else when he's the one casually taking his Dalek for a walk.

What a classic moment!  That's hilarious!! 

21 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

I got quite nostalgic there seeing those vintage cars as I regularly went on Sunday trips to the beach in one of those as a child. Sadly, it was the Ford Anglia and not the E Type Jag !

140720367_ScreenShot2019-07-14at23_48_05.thumb.png.b4b4491f6d823a833f067b5701d3dd11.png

Thanks BTM-Pix. Yes surprisingly  he seemed curious that he was being filmed!  

20 hours ago, kye said:

Great work!  

What a classic moment!  That's hilarious!! 

Thanks Kye. I had some fun creating this.

18 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

EXTERMINATE!

Amazing what people keep as exotic pets these days.

Whatever you picked up there for £133 it is good. Plenty of detail.

Haha! Thanks Andrew,. Not a bad purchase. You can pick these cameras up for not much.

On 7/15/2019 at 7:58 AM, BTM_Pix said:

perhaps the dalek was taking him for a walk did you consider that ? either way bonus points for sure,  for spotting him out and about. i'm not sure how one can top that. this video is probably going to go viral lol

• Super Members
1 hour ago, leslie said:

perhaps the dalek was taking him for a walk did you consider that ? either way bonus points for sure,  for spotting him out and about. i'm not sure how one can top that. this video is probably going to go viral lol

Funnily enough, that shirt he's wearing means the dalek is actually only the second weirdest item in that frame.

On 7/15/2019 at 5:20 AM, mrjim said:

Well, I haven't posted on EOSHD for ages, but when I saw this competition I thought that sounds fun. I dropped by on Bexhill-on-Sea on the South Coast yesterday on my way to somewhere else, and shot this footage over an hour or two.  No grading, straight out of camera. Manual settings (although fairly limited choice that's all I'll say). Edited on my laptop this evening. I bought the used camera on ebay for £133. I'm not sure if this is the sort of thing you're looking for Andrew.  As long as I don't come last.

WOW! So many details and the dynamic range is actually quite good. A well spend £133 truly.