ENTRY VIDEOS: Find the best video quality for under $200 - fun EOSHD Challenge

Andrew Reid

• Administrators
On 7/4/2019 at 4:19 PM, mikefordphotography said:

Andrew, your a genius with this competition! I read everything twice and I don't see anything about: the camera needing to have interchangeable lenses. Is that correct?

Correct! You can also use fixed lens or compact type cameras.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Is it within the rules to buy the camera partially broken? Normally it sells for a little above 200, but I see one for < 150 - it has a mechanical shutter problem that affects only photos (I think!!!).

EDIT: not a problem for me actually, as I just looked at sold on ebay and a lot of this camera are under 200 anyway. But if you answer anyway it may help someone else

8 minutes ago, Avenger 2.0 said:

everyone is afraid to be last and lose their camera

But think of the kudos!

And it’s better than coming first because it’s a useful way of having a clear out (yes, I did use that rusted bent quick release plate on that custom bipod...)

I’m shooting today if everything goes to plan.

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, homestar_kevin said:

Pumped to see everyones work, and more importantly, to see all these bastardized cheap set ups you're all shooting with. ?

Yes so am I.

Just remember to reveal just the VIDEO first.

Then reveal the EQUIPMENT at the next stage of the competition after votes are counted.

Just now, Andrew Reid said:

Yes so am I.

Just remember to reveal just the VIDEO first.

Then reveal the EQUIPMENT at the next stage of the competition after votes are counted.

Definitely. I want to see them eventually but certainly not yet! lol

Good luck everyone, hope the hunting has been fun

• Administrators
36 minutes ago, Avenger 2.0 said:

Wouldn't it be fun to try to match up camera & lens to footage if we submit everything anonymously?

Yes it would. But main purpose is to have voters focusing on the image and cinematography, rather than voting for their favourite camera!

kudos's heartless, for running the gauntlet ? i liked it, maybe i'm going to like everyone's video.  Personally i thought it could have been a bit longer, maybe 2 clips should be allowed for short video's. I mean people, have spent good money presumably on cameras. It seems to me  like a not a  very good return on peoples investment for 42 seconds. Does anyone agree or is it just me ?

as an aside i think its interesting how slower piece of music or slower beat perhaps seems to draw out the moment but that could be just me

good job anyway :thumbsup: