ENTRY VIDEOS: Find the best video quality for under $200 - fun EOSHD Challenge

Andrew Reid

43 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

Colour grading is allowed.

Unless there is a big push back against it.

I think with a cheap camera, you're probably not going to get far before the codec falls apart anyway

My vote would be for no color grading allowed. Keep the focus on using the camera and shooting with it.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Wide enough to get it fine. No excuses for your gem to end ignored then, once more focused on the creative side than merely the tool itself, in such case. Thus, this is entering in some other category. Reminds me the DVXfests from those golden oldies on DVXuser. More serious than apparently could seem to be, kudos! Hope to only be the first one of many to come, so good luck to this initiative and every contender too : ) Who knows we won't be seeing any masterpiece to pop up from here...? A proof of a mature community like this brand agnostic forum is : -)

Happy shooting!

43 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

It is allowed.

Fun competition. The rule book should not be 100 pages long.

Definitely an interesting one! Looking forward to seeing the winners :) Guess GH2/NX200 users have a good bet...

9 hours ago, Zach Goodwin2 said:

Can I use my Canon T2i?

I think you can use any camera that currently sells for less than $200. But remember, if you come in last, the rules state you have to send the camera to the winner.

So, if you’re willing to risk your camera, then go for it. 

If anything, that rule should inspire people to use the cheapest camera they can find, IMO.

14 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

Game on

20190703_145113_compress83.thumb.jpg.31b94acc6fb28cc6502899412005b983.jpg

Jeez, you spent that much?  Both my cameras cost less than that.  

Combined!

9 hours ago, KnightsFan said:

My vote would be for no color grading allowed. Keep the focus on using the camera and shooting with it.

Without colour grading I'm screwed.  However, this is part of getting the best image for the price.  If you use a cheap camera and get a great result, who cares if it was the camera or the grading?  We're all trying to get the best image for our budgets, even buying multi-thousand dollar camera bodies.

8 hours ago, mercer said:

But remember, if you come in last, the rules state you have to send the camera to the winner.

...which is a great way of discouraging anyone looking to actually build their skills. Not sure I like that idea. Without it i would make a serious foray into "best" video under $200. As it stands, lets just say I have @BTM_Pix beat on price. We'll see who wins on epoxying ?