Music videos...

Emanuel

• 1 month later...
EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 7/2/2019 at 11:39 PM, Emanuel said:

Indeed. And pretty determinant to launch the career of a song. Now or before the digital revolution. Recalls this classic I was used to play and open my first radio program back to my teens and where actually I began my adventure on media -- visual matters and we were used to make reference to the video-clip as music videos started to be called in my native country then:

best. thread. evr.

On 7/4/2019 at 10:21 PM, webrunner5 said:

Wow great stuff. I love Bluegrass Music. Felt from the heart. Blues and Bluegrass, represents true emotions. But all music is wonderful.

is it?

On 7/5/2019 at 4:26 AM, Ingerson said:

yeeeeeahhhh mannnn

On 7/5/2019 at 6:36 AM, webrunner5 said:

That HIAM song sounds like it was ripped off from this song. Hmm, surprised see hasn't been sued.

giphy.gif

On 7/5/2019 at 7:58 AM, Ingerson said:

quote-the-words-are-the-important-thing-

damn son

On 7/10/2019 at 8:31 PM, User said:

watch a bunch of okalie dokalie hillbilly bumpkins constantly try mount one another... 

hillbilly (dont cry)

On 7/10/2019 at 11:26 PM, thephoenix said:

love this one. so fucked up ?

sicc af

On 7/11/2019 at 10:59 AM, User said:

Now now webrunner5, calm down, everyone here know what a good little soldier you are

some say that a great war is coming

6 minutes ago, User said:

This little pixie (and unique creative force) had my heart going bang bang back in the day...

What's not to like?

RIGHT HERE PAL https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_Barney

p.s. heres some good music for u guys

On 7/3/2019 at 4:48 PM, kye said:

There is one thing that matters most in music videos...  ideas.  Screw everything else if the video isn't original.

Yes, because successful music videos are sooooo original....    on which point, this would be my favorite music video of the month:

1 hour ago, IronFilm said:

Yes, because successful music videos are sooooo original....    on which point, this would be my favorite music video of the month:

That video is hilarious!!

I guess I was saying that what matters to me is originality.  You're bang on that the most successful ones are often derivative dishwater, but so are most of the successful songs, so I guess they match in that regard!

I like music videos because they are a way to get paid for short films, working for artists can offer permission to deviate from the normal rules and content of film-making, and there is room for considerably more experimentation than is perhaps offered in any other genre.  

Of course, there are exceptions where videos were creative and also successful.  The video for Thriller by Michael Jackson was certainly both, at least for its time.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

what a voice (Kenny matches perfectly the Queen), what a song... one of my duet favs ever BTW

Kenny Rogers' "We've Got Tonight" (feat. Sheena Easton)

[Kenny:]
I know it's late
I know you're weary
I know your plans
Don't include me
Still here we are
Both of us lonely
Longing for shelter
From all that we see
Why should we worry
No one will care girl
Look at the stars now
So far away
We've got tonight
Who needs tomorrow
We've got tonight, babe
Why don't you stay

[Sheena:]
Deep in my soul
I've been so lonely
All of my hopes fading away
I've longed for love
Like everyone else does
I know I'll keep searching after today

So there it is girl
We've got it all now

And here we are, babe
What do you say

[Together:]
We've got tonight
Who needs tomorrow
We've got tonight, babe
Why don't you stay

I know it's late
And I know you're weary
I know your plans
Don't include me

Still here we are

Both of us lonely
Both of us lonely

We've got tonight

Who needs tomorrow

Let's make it last

Let's find a way

Turn out the light

Oooooh-ho, come take my hand now

We've got tonight, babe
Why don't we stay
We've got tonight, babe
Why don't we stay

when these two don't even need to move through the set, both voices stand enough *my hat off*

Here's another one from the native land this time...

No idea if any of you knows Portuguese comes from Galician-Portuguese aka Old Portuguese or Medieval Galician.

Spoken in the area of the kingdoms of Galicia and León around the 10th century, before the separation of the Galician and Portuguese languages. Also with influence from Celtic and Germanian tribes such as the Goths and Suebi as well other Suebian people who arrived coming from the north of Europe when the Roman empire fell down. Before pop had popped up itself some centuries after... : D

Here's a Galician-Portuguese version made more than twenty years ago (my generation...) but still a cult song with many people nowadays claiming in this digital days for the return back of this band's hit success, today remastered... love the edit BTW

(who knows if there isn't something new coming from this one, in this day and age, one of these days... born in these same pages ; )

On 7/9/2019 at 5:08 PM, leslie said:

one music video that i thought was  creative visually and an interesting song musically in itself  is

I remember that this video was recorded in a farmhouse in the Axarquia, in Malaga, a few minutes from my house!

Old British people like this place to live the retirement. I don't say any name here ... 

On 7/9/2019 at 5:08 PM, leslie said:

another song i like is 

I think it is a fan video that becomes an official video because or there is no official video or just because it exceeds it in quality. 

Reminds me this one where method studio surpasses by far the official one: 

@BTM_Pix