Music videos...

Emanuel

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
3 hours ago, User said:

Somehow that's not surprising to me my philistine friend.

But truth be told, I much rather party (and ride a bicycle around the world ) with David than have to listen to and (God forbid) watch a bunch of okalie dokalie hillbilly bumpkins constantly try mount one another... but to each their own ;)

i think i can hear dueling banjo's playing in the background,  i'd becareful of exciting the americans  president trump will tweet you ass off ?

i do wonder if the $200 video competition is R rated  i could use some footage of some dude being done in with a pitchfork.Thats a creative avenue nobody else will think of for sure and it helps get rid of some of the competition . webrunner would you mind putting your bib and braces on momentarily ?  ?

3 hours ago, webrunner5 said:

God you have a pretty fucked up view of America. But I guess coming from you expected.

For clarification, I was speaking about Bluegrass music... not as you often try to frame things towards 'nationality.'

Though here's the kicker sarg, that you'd open the heavily compressed Youtube link I posted and claim to not hear the million dollar sound design and capture suggests something of where you may be at technically... and maybe how much time you spent in the artillery battalion ;)
Carry on soldier...

7 hours ago, User said:

For clarification, I was speaking about Bluegrass music... not as you often try to frame things towards 'nationality.'

Though here's the kicker sarg, that you'd open the heavily compressed Youtube link I posted and claim to not hear the million dollar sound design and capture suggests something of where you may be at technically... and maybe how much time you spent in the artillery battalion ;)
Carry on soldier...

Yeah I was around bombs and bullets. What have You done for your country? And believe it or not I probably hear about as good as you do.  I think being a groupie at your age might sort of be a problem. Suppose to give that shit up at like 15. Hey they were a good band, not great. Being in the Hall of Fame was a joke I think. But then the Hall of Fame is sort of a joke anymore.

Now now webrunner5, calm down, everyone here know what a good little soldier you are.
But to answer your question I make doc films (that are in part sanctioned by my country) that help reflect the state of the world and in some cases... tie directly into the long ugly arm of American foreign policy meddling and the fallout. And it is here, in this space, that there is room for reflection on the best course forward... somehow more illuminating and progressive that being told what to do in a military barrack.
Listen amigo, let's agree to disagree. I say bluegrass sucks. But grass that is blue(ish)... well that's a different story.

17 hours ago, User said:

Somehow that's not surprising to me my philistine friend.

But truth be told, I much rather party (and ride a bicycle around the world ) with David than have to listen to and (God forbid) watch a bunch of okalie dokalie hillbilly bumpkins constantly try mount one another... but to each their own ;)

Ahh   I can enjoy pretty much any live music from country bumpkins to metal heads.      I really liked that Foghorn stringband gig I posted the video of (it was a new experience for me but they are really very good).       I also have a video I would love to post I took of a duo called Semen and Garfuckel of a song I think Is called "functional fuckwit" but not sure I can.      I very rarely have to be listening to something else while shooting a band.  

I just bought an old NEX camera so I can shoot a International Blues music day gig next month I have been asked to do.

Multi day, multi band Jazz festivals can sometimes throw up some "interesting" takes on jazz tunes (I can hear the same song played by three bands and one will be great, one will be just ok and the other will be like finger nails down a chalk board).

45 minutes ago, noone said:

I really liked that Foghorn stringband gig I posted the video

Right. I missed that and now see that is what webrunner was waving the flag for.
I hear you partially on being able to pretty much enjoy any 'live' music. But this bluegrass stuff, somehow makes seems embarrassing for Western culture... whatever though.

Going back quite a bit, this showed up on MTV Asia back in 2001 and grabbed my eye for it's simplicity... which I somehow found fresh. Or maybe it was the woman ;)

1 hour ago, User said:

Right. I missed that and now see that is what webrunner was waving the flag for.
I hear you partially on being able to pretty much enjoy any 'live' music. But this bluegrass stuff, somehow makes seems embarrassing for Western culture... whatever though.

It is all good!   Musicians can be a funny bunch too (Shanul Sharma was the singer for a regionally popular metal band who became a well renowned opera singer).      Some of the gigs I have enjoyed the most have been unexpected ones I thought I might not have liked so much.     It would be a boring world if we all liked the same stuff.

31 minutes ago, noone said:

It would be a boring world if we all liked the same stuff.

Somehow I could take the boring part if it meant world peace. Wait, let me think about that. Actually no, forget that. Long live The Brian Jonestown Massacre. 

3 hours ago, User said:

Somehow I could take the boring part if it meant world peace. Wait, let me think about that. Actually no, forget that. Long live The Brian Jonestown Massacre. 

That band is just crazy.      I don't mind the Dandy's.

11 hours ago, User said:

Going back quite a bit, this showed up on MTV Asia back in 2001 and grabbed my eye for it's simplicity... which I somehow found fresh. Or maybe it was the woman ;)

The Asian music videos usually are very simple unless it's the heavier genres like punk and rock. But that's something I really enjoy, especially with lighter music. This song is from the Ghibli movie "The cat returns" and there is something very comforting in the music video's simplicity that go hand in hand with the song and the artist.

I like trawling YouTube for live music videos.       This is one of my favourite bands

And being without any shred of shame those songs are from their Album "Snow White" and a few of my photos are used (at very small size) in the collage on the album .      They never sold that many records but would sell out live shows and became the first band in the Australian Live music associations hall of fame.     They were the next big thing in their youth, got a two record deal with Warner's USA, made the first album but Warner's wanted them to change some things, they didn't so the record was not supported and they got paid out for the second without having to make it.      Snow White is a later album from Warner's Australia but because of a little swearing from the lead single, it got little airplay except on a few stations and late night TV (it was a few years ago).

IMGP1375.jpg

On 7/11/2019 at 11:32 PM, User said:

Oh, my God - I got goosebumps all over my body!

It's a theme from Kingdom Hearts, my beloved video game series.

Was it really playing on MTV?

Wow.

Its English version has one of the weirdest lyrics I ever heard.

You're all I need
You smiled at me and said
"Don't get me wrong, I love you
But does that mean I have to meet your father?"
When we are older you'll understand
What I meant when I said "No
I don't think life is quite that simple."

21 hours ago, heart0less said:

Oh, my God - I got goosebumps all over my body!

It's a theme from Kingdom Hearts, my beloved video game series.

Was it really playing on MTV?

Wow.

Its English version has one of the weirdest lyrics I ever heard.

You're all I need
You smiled at me and said
"Don't get me wrong, I love you
But does that mean I have to meet your father?"
When we are older you'll understand
What I meant when I said "No
I don't think life is quite that simple."

Yep MTV Asia back in 2001. Hakaru was quite the star.

I played the same song to Japanese expat friend and it made her heart ache and she weeped. Gosh. Also had a kitchen with a similar layout as the one featured in the clip so I made a copy featuring yours truly. Ugh ;)

But yeah... the English translations often come off as comedy... I also couldn't listen to some music if I understood the native language.

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking of 80s, here's one of my fav ones... Have had the luck to personally meet the groovy Mike, what such a musician/composer/poet 'n full artist... this man is part of many people, me included : -)

Yet about characters... I see our good oldie @Ed_David has forgotten LOL : ) to post one of the best camera works (let alone the light ; ) I've ever seen in a music video by his own hands and eyes -- kudos comrade : -)