Music videos...

Emanuel

It can be the camera work, directing, photography, editing, stage performance or any other. Tell us what impressed you most, somehow touched you or inspires your work... Your own or in a different note, musical skills also apply; part of this craft after all! : )

I'd love to hear the suggestions of you all and I bet I'm not alone on such wish and challenge to this community... Many to come! ; -)

Here's one of my favorites:

Enjoy,

E : -)

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Indeed. And pretty determinant to launch the career of a song. Now or before the digital revolution. Recalls this classic I was used to play and open my first radio program back to my teens and where actually I began my adventure on media -- visual matters and we were used to make reference to the video-clip as music videos started to be called in my native country then:

3 hours ago, kye said:

There is one thing that matters most in music videos...  ideas.  Screw everything else if the video isn't original.

To that end, here's a great one:

People say that there's no market for short films....  wrong.  They just have music over the top.

Ah! Good old 90s! I believe this is a Michel Gondry video, one of the best in business.

I remember later at the '00s an essential DVD collection we all had were the Spike Jonze, Chris Cunningham, and Michel Gondry Director's Series.

https://www.amazon.com/Directors-Label-Boxed-Set-Cunningham/dp/B00065AXTM/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?keywords=director's+series&qid=1562142250&s=gateway&sr=8-1

I dunno, I seem to prefer just to see music videos of  bands playing live.     I love shooting them though most are just for me (and sometime the venues and bands).    I would often just video a song or two while shooting stills.      I get permission for stills and often just try and hold the camera steady enough for a song though will use a tripod from time to time.

I shoot everything from metal to jazz.      Have not had a camera good enough to shoot live music for a while but hope to get something this coming week (have just been asked to photograph a small music festival soon..it has been a while since I did that).

This was one of mine (posted by the band).    It was a seated show but was hand held with a non stabilized A7s and old Nikon 85 1.8 MF lens.  The lens has gone, the camera is broken and the venue has closed....the story of my life I guess!

27 minutes ago, Ingerson said:

I've really enjoyed Paul Thomas Anderson's recent jump into music videos, discovered HAIM thanks to him (easily among my top 10 bands/artists now), but also check out "Anima" if you have Netflix!

Anima is incredible. Second that recommendation, gorgeous short film

one music video that i thought was  creative visually and an interesting song musically in itself  is

another song i like is 

i kinda like the juxtaposition of a woman onscreen and a man voice singing. plus the acting fits the song i think. the brunette is kinda cute which sells it for me lol

But the eighties definitely had some cool things happening musically  :)

another dude i think is pretty interesting musically is this bloke, i dont want to take anything away from tommy or phil emmanual or Mark Knopfler but i think you have to be pretty switched on to play like this.

1 hour ago, webrunner5 said:

Sounds, get it, like they wasted their money. Seems to be like every concert on YouTube quality wise. Which most suck live. Burning down the house only song I ever liked they did.

Somehow that's not surprising to me my philistine friend.

But truth be told, I much rather party (and ride a bicycle around the world ) with David than have to listen to and (God forbid) watch a bunch of okalie dokalie hillbilly bumpkins constantly try mount one another... but to each their own ;)