TrueSense Imaging (ex-Kodak) reveal 4K Micro Four Thirds sized CMOS sensor

Andrew Reid

• Administrators
TrueSense sensors

TrueSense Imaging's sensors are behind the Ikonoskop and Digital Bolex cameras. Traditionally known for their CCDs, the company is now stepping into CMOS for the first time.

[url=http://www.eoshd.com/content/11193/truesense-imaging-ex-kodak-reveal-4k-micro-four-thirds-sized-cmos-sensor]Read the full article here[/url]

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Just give me dynamic range and better low-light performance.  Those have been my biggest hangups on my GH2.  I haven't found myself yearning for 4K or any of the storage and processing issues it brings with it.  

Since we're making out wishlists, it would be awesome to have less compression introduced in-camera.  Maybe the option to record to DNxHD or ProRes?  If Blackmagic can tell customers that they have to buy a faster SD card, then why can't Panasonic?

Good to see all of the GH4 teasers today.  Sounds like you know the right people.

• Administrators

A TrueSense sensor would not likely be destined for a Panasonic, as they're making their own sensors. After a brief trip to Sony for the GH3, the GX7 once again has a Panasonic chip in it.

A Four Thirds sized chip from TrueSense would more likely be destined for the Blackmagic and Digital Bolex type cameras of this world.