Macro film of oil, crystals and iron - 2013

metaphiston

http://vimeo.com/74613572

My serene short macro film.

Mostly shot on Pentax-A 100mm f4 macro, with very close up shots using a reversed Sigma 24mm f2.8 super wide II.

I used my k-5 for tests and stills, but used a Canon 600d with Technicolor cinestyle installed for the actual shoot, as the dynamic range is greater, and it has manual controls. The lenses are attached using a canon-pentax adapter, which can be bought from Ebay for £10/$15.

To get closer I used a set of 50mm extension tubes, and sometimes used the Canon 600D’s 3x digital zoom (which is still full 1080p HD, a useful feature and no extra depth of field loss!)

The film itself is rather light on narrative; it’s just a progression of – hopefully!  â€“ interesting shots.

Hope you like it. I’m happy to answer questions on how I did specific shots and it’s always good to get feedback.

• 4 weeks later...
EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs