Music Video Shot on Optex Adapter

Chris Elkerton

Hi,

I had such a good response last time I thought I would post my latest music video shot using an Optex anamorphic adapter.

https://vimeo.com/74284254

Shot on a Red One mostly in 2k crop mode 96fps I wanted to replicate the look of 16mm film. I love shooting in raw, it gave me lots of flexibility in post, using LUTs to get some really filmic colours.

Would be cool to get some feed back from some fellow anamorphic lovers.

Cheers,

Chris.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Some nice stuff in there.  I think this is the first time I've seen anything shot on these adapters at more than 1080P.  Very cool.  I imagine the softness of the adapter helped with the look.  More and more I'm reading about DPs purposely choosing soft lenses when shooting digital because digi lenses are just too sharp and clinical.

What were your taking lenses?

Some nice stuff in there. I think this is the first time I've seen anything shot on these adapters at more than 1080P. Very cool. I imagine the softness of the adapter helped with the look. More and more I'm reading about DPs purposely choosing soft lenses when shooting digital because digi lenses are just too sharp and clinical.

What were your taking lenses?

Hey Sean,

Yes I loved the soft look I was getting from the adapter and just ran with it. I think everyone gets bogged down in sharpness and tests. Sometimes we should learn to love the imperfections.
Don't get me wrong I wouldn't be shooting something soft for a corporate video, but for this I think it adds so much.

The taking lenses were a Canon 50mm f1.4 and my Jupiter 85mm f2.

Thanks for the feedback mate.