Making Money on YouTube for Idiots (Me) 2019

kaylee

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 hour ago, heart0less said:

My God..

Clickbait has gone from bad to worse..

image.png.56a32fd07a4597c49c409c0f91686ee9.png

.... and he's still probably making more money from his videos than most of us; this is getting me more depressed.  Where are the new darn camera reviews? Come on man!!! one more hit.. I feel like there is this cloud of procrastination slowly engulfing me...  Like anxiety.......... Go out there and create stuff, you say.  Forget that you.. .you vile voice in my subconscious; hello people, we need new camera reviews... 10bit; RAW; IBIS.. come.. come on, people!!!

:-)

• 3 months later...

It is in Portuguese language but you can follow going along the subs tool this single piece of information, one of the most transparent ones I've ever seen on topic, showing the way YT rewards YouTubers to cross and vary in many regions of the world according to where your audience is and respective different exploitation rates:

Influencers are the new salesman. They claim they have their own opinion and are not checked by the company but most of them are paid for reviewing  products and rarely do a thorough job. Few youtubers come to mind that do that. Even so, they are still salesman because they're making videos about products for people to buy. They're creating the desire for people to purchase more.

3 hours ago, FranciscoB said:

Influencers are the new salesman. They claim they have their own opinion and are not checked by the company but most of them are paid for reviewing  products and rarely do a thorough job. Few youtubers come to mind that do that. Even so, they are still salesman because they're making videos about products for people to buy. They're creating the desire for people to purchase more.

It’s pretty clear to me that many people watch product videos.

Very few people watch short films and wedding videos.

45 minutes ago, MeanRevert said:

It’s pretty clear to me that many people watch product videos.

Very few people watch short films and wedding videos.

do people actually post wedding videos ? I have watched a few howto video weddings  I could probably watch a friends wedding video but watching random peoples weddings seems abit peculiar, unless someone had linked to it and said, here watch this it has some awesome camera angles.

Can't really afford new Products so i dont watch too many of them. If i was looking at buying something i'll watch a few vids to help make a decision after that i dont bother, except for resolve, have to google youtube when ever i fire up resolve to learn something new. I do however watch lots of lens reviews, mostly vintage stuff. I guess alot of it depends on your interests, personally i lean towards howto videos like cooking a good steak on a bbq or smoking meats and melting alloy cans although not at the same time, you know manly stuff 😉

16 hours ago, FranciscoB said:

I love youtube and I'm trully starting to hate youtubers 😪😅

16 hours ago, FranciscoB said:

Yes, they are. Not everyone but a few of them. That one, as for instance, was used to irritate me a bit when began to pop up in the recent past. I've gradually accepted the fact we had to resign ourselves to the fact the annoying ads are moving from TV set to our personal display today. In any case, we had the need to convince networks before in order to reach our public.

We have our audiences at the distance of our talent to create and feed them nowadays. Even international ones. That's a major trump card. First time ever. A dream for the indie world.

To live from subventions is as short as an arthouse film budget stretching to pay extra film festival fees ; ) Without mention you have to kiss some other mainstream arses in the business or craft (as we'd say in Portuguese) when not in politics to keep yourself alive and kickin'... Is this creative freedom?

What's the best? : X

Cumps,

- E.

• 5 months later...