WTB Isco Widescreen 2000

dotdavid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Hi mate

I'm not sure if you've owned or used one before but since it's a pretty rare lens I just wanted to give you a heads up that it has a super narrow focus range, so you're gonna need a bunch of diopters (I switch between +0.33, +0.5, +0.7, +1.0 and +1.5 constantly) and it also doesn't focus at infinity unless you stop down to around f/11.

Just wanted to let you know, since I wish someone would have told me this before I bought mine haha. But if you don't mind these things it's an amazing little adapter.

I've never tried it with a variable diopter, but then again if you're going to use a variable diopter I think you might as well just go for a better and (much) cheaper double focus projection lens. I think there isn't much info out there about the practicalities of working with this lens because not only is it rare but it also isn't useful for most people since you can't rack focus and have to know your focus distance before each shot so that you can attach the right diopter.

21 hours ago, dotdavid said:

wow good to know!  Does a variable diopter like FVD or rectilux work on it?    Also no infinity till f/11??? how is that not common knowledge??  Seems like that would be a dealbreaker to most people (including me!)

I've mentioned a few times over the years that this lens is limited & not very practical for many filming situations, but I suppose most people don't like searching too far back into the forum's history. It is a nice little lens & the glass is superb, but best for situations where you don't have to film past 5M & you'll need low powered diopters.

You can rack a little, maybe a meter or 2, but not over a long distance - you need a taking lens with a decent amount of focus throw at the 5M mark & the use of a +0.3 or +0.5 helps, as does stopping down the lens a little. I used it for filming concerts, so it was ideal for this as you could focus a little without having to change the diopters all the time & with strong stage lights it flared as well. You can film past 5M, but it won't be tack sharp & Infinity is not an option.

I've no idea how much they go for now, but you'd get better value for money going for a dual focus & then add a variable diopter.