Olympus EM-1 announcement

Zach Ashcraft

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Administrators

"Moire reduction" image processor.

Shame about the codec. For sake of a couple of lines of firmware code they have lost a bunch of customers.

Nice stills camera though. If only Canon's were this 'ahead of the technology curve' and if only the Olympus had a full frame sensor. That would be the perfect camera almost.

I have higher hopes for Sony. Big 4K push. Full frame NEX with Olympus 5 axis stabilisation.

As a side note - nice marketing and web design from Olympus. At least someone in their US web design team has a clue if not in their video specs department, if indeed they even have a department.

I kind of get the idea there is more to it then just laziness on their part. They must grasp the simple fact that they would sell some more camera's to another audience if they'd include 25p/24p. And it can't be that much work.

Is it some kind of agreement with Panasonic to leave the video features to them in return for some favor by them? Just a conspiracy theory... but I find it hard to believe it's something they simply 'overlook' every time.