[cinematography] can you give me samples of 135mm takes please?

Dan Wake

If possible I wish to see some examples of scenes taken at 135mm focal length from movies, shorts, whatsoever where you recognize to have seen or read, listened talking, etc, etc... some. just that  were shooted at 135mm and we can comment about it.

Also I wish to ask to you where would be the common use in the grammar language of the cinematographer to use the 135mm? for what kind "scene", from wich distance from the subject would they prefer to use this focal length? thx if it's possible to learn about it! :)

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Check out Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy, it has a bunch of tracking telephoto shots.

2011-tinker-tailor-soldier-spy.jpg

tinker_tailor_soldier_spy_a_l.jpg

Thank you I'm going to watch it, I didn't know it. Maybe we could speak a little bit after. I will take some note while watching it so maybe we can discuss a little bit about his cinematography. 

Thank you again,

Dan

It's a bit of a "no-mans land" focal length. Short telephoto...

I tend to go for 85 or 180/200 either side of it. I suppose if I were using a zoom to frame a shot I may end up using that length, but I'd probably stop short of owning a 135mm prime.

Everyone has different tastes though...